Track for setting-up subwoofer

I prefer something with a bass beat, rather than the steadier tones from an organ pedal. But both will be helpful.

At its simplest, turn the woofer up until it becomes obvious, then turn it down a bit. After a few minutes, turn it off and see if the difference is very obvious; if it is, turn it down a shade more.

nopiano said:
I prefer something with a bass beat, rather than the steadier tones from an organ pedal. But both will be helpful.

At its simplest, turn the woofer up until it becomes obvious, then turn it down a bit. After a few minutes, turn it off and see if the difference is very obvious; if it is, turn it down a shade more.

+1

Anything by Kodo Drummers of Japan?? ;-)

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
have organ music try The Three Fates on Emerson Lake and Palmers' debut album. Then the rest of the album :) then all their other albums :D

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I find that I have to change the level on nearly every cd I play.
On some there is too much bass and on others not enough.

nopiano said:
Coll said:
I find that I have to change the level on nearly every cd I play. On some there is too much bass and on others not enough.
That probably means the crossover frequency is wrong. Have you tried changing that, rather than the level/volume?

+1

I have generally found that the integration of a subwoofer for music alone is a lot harder than one into a home cinema set-up. Perseverence is the key. Either that or a proper 2.1 channel amp purchase...... ;-)

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Spent a lot of time setting up and have used various tones and a meter.
I am quite sure the crossover is correct.
When I measured without the sub connected and with it connected there is no increase at or above the crossover point.
My main speakers go down low anyway and I think what it is , is that I am not used to getting really low bass and on bass heavy music it it just a shade too much for me.

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I gave up in the end and put my subwoofer on ebay, couldn't ever get it to sound quite right. Good luck.

Better off getting main speakers with better bass in my humble opinion

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
to get it right that's for sure. I wanted a sub for the TV system that had to visually blend in and not upset the other half so instead of going mainstream I decided a paper cone driver would probably be best as I wanted a smooth bass rather than the 'knock your face off' sound of a solid cone speaker. Bought an 8" driver for £20 made a cabinet for it and hooked it up, sounded great but the crossover point was tricky to get right. I ended up setting the sub at a higher frequency than I originally planned ( now at 100 Hz ) and set the satellites ( Tannoys ) to 150 Hz, gradually bringing them down until they blended in. I think anything bigger would have sounded unbalanced, could that be your problem? Time consuming but well worth it, hope this might help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts