Townsend Rock

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,

Would anyone know of anywhere I can get my Townsend Rock serviced/MoT'd without taking it back to the manufacturers? The issue is that I can play the first 40% of an album and the last 40% but the arm sticks in the middle as it has (at a guess) a dry bearing.

Thanks.

Keith

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
KeithT said:
Would anyone know of anywhere I can get my Townsend Rock serviced/MoT'd without taking it back to the manufacturers? The issue is that I can play the first 40% of an album and the last 40% but the arm sticks in the middle as it has (at a guess) a dry bearing.

You could just email Max and ask for advice.

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Apologies for the delay in replying, been a tad busy!

Yes, it's the Excalibur arm.

I live west side of Birmingham. I've been in touch with Max but didn't really want to hike it down there.

Which brings me to the other big issue. I'll take it down assembled, they'll MoT/service it but won't put it back together, recommending (understandably) that I put it back together at home. Now I have at least 98 left feet and almost as many thumbs. I'm not the most skilled practical person; how on earth do you re-set up a turntable/arm as the Rock never came with instructions?

Thanks

Keith

KeithT said:
Apologies for the delay in replying, been a tad busy!

Yes, it's the Excalibur arm.

I live west side of Birmingham. I've been in touch with Max but didn't really want to hike it down there.

Which brings me to the other big issue. I'll take it down assembled, they'll MoT/service it but won't put it back together, recommending (understandably) that I put it back together at home. Now I have at least 98 left feet and almost as many thumbs. I'm not the most skilled practical person; how on earth do you re-set up a turntable/arm as the Rock never came with instructions?

Thanks

Keith

They should provide these. The arm should be set up by them as its OK to do this if you are taking it back yourself and not having it couriered. The only really problem is stress on the main bearing by transporting it with the platter in place.

This means you only have to take platter off and remove the motor drive belt.

To be honest, if you transporting it yourself, I would ask for them to completely reassemble it apart from platter as you are paying for it after all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts