Toshiba HD DVD players for upscaling Job

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Since Toshiba abandoned HD player they are now being sold at very cheap price I saw EP30 for 80 euro or 50 pound and others as well at very low price.

I am looking for a stop-gap solution to buy best upscaling dvd player for my SD dvds till I buy better specs cheaper blu-ray. Can you tell me if EP30 or EP-35 do better upscaling then Denon 1940 or PS3. Or if there is any other HD player which does the best upscaling then please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

A

Anonymous

I can't compare with the Denon but the EP35 upscales better than the PS3 - at Christmas, my brother and I ran a couple of DVDs through both as a comparative test against my 37" Panny plasma.

A

Anonymous

It is likely, but not certain, that the EP30/35 will also do better than a Blu-Ray player.

A

Anonymous

I have both HD formats and they are both better than my Pioneer DVD at upscaling to 1080p. I can pick out no discernable difference between the HD-DVD and Blu Ray on the upscaling itself. The point is that the Tosh is a bloody bargain!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Casca"] The point is that the Tosh is a bloody bargain![/quote]

I got the EP35 in my Local HiFi shop - ex display, £90. Hows that for a bargain

A

Anonymous

Its fantastic. I own one and now ive got to grips with the settings its brilliant for HD DVD's and my existing DVD collection. I am building an excellent collection of HD DVD's now too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts