TOSHIBA AND HDDVD STILL FIGHTING

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So glad Toshiba hasn`t thrown in the towel and given up on HD DVD yet ,this format has such a future if only the studios could see it.Reckon it still has a chance of seeing off BLU-RAY yet though.

A

Anonymous

Well, if Toshiba drops the price of a EP35 to below £200 then it can compete with a Denon 1940 on price and quality. Perhaps then people buy it as a std DVD replacement with a HD-DVD option. Problem is Toshiba have done very little marketing for their players and format, which looking at the profit margins involved (negative) is understandable but not helpful to the course.

Gorge

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I just received my 5 free HD DVD's from my EP-35 (hope they don't drop the price too much). It came with a letter which sounds more like a desperate plea for help. I know they have to advertise and talk up their own products but this letter seems to beg for my continued custom.

Also it says that the worlds biggest studios are showing their support for HD DVD, not sure they've updated their letters lately.

I just hope they can hang on a bit longer to make my purchase worth while, I got it at the end of November and so far have 10 HD DVD's including the 5 free ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts