Toshiba 32C3030D or Samsung LE32R87BDX/XEU

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy a 32" LCD TV at 'budget' level and have narrowed it down to these two from their specs. I have read in What HiFi the rave review it gives for the Toshiba but can't find a review on the Samsung. The Samsung has more SCART and HDMI inputs and a better Dynamic Contrast Ratio but more of something doesn't necessarily mean better. How good is the Samsung and is it better that the Toshiba? Are there any others in this price range (£500) which are better than them both that i haven't seen?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We've tested the Samsung LE32N73 and LE32R74 models (but not the LE32R87), which got three and four stars respectively, although they were £1200 and £900 at the time. Given the way LCD prices have plummeted, you certainly won't need to pay that much now.

However, we'd go for the Toshiba. It was a five-star winner back in May when we tested it at £700, and if you can get it for £500 or less it's a steal.

A

Anonymous

i have been looking for a new lcd tv too and have come to the same conclusion as yourself! choice between these same two! i know someone that has the toshiba but i can't get past the fact the spec for the samsung is better, i.e contract ratio and brightness is higher. but does this mean better and also extra hdmi slots! so no idea which is best, will go and look at both in a store i guess to see if i like the look of one more than the other. i have read that the toshiba has a cheap looking remote too. i can find them both for 479 inc vat. dilema!what hifi rave reviews one but hasn't reviewed the other.

A

Anonymous

also i have been told that 32WLT68 was the older toshiba model that has now been replaced by the 32C030D - but that the 5 star review was for the 32WLT68??? but then why is the 32WLT68 still more expensive than the 32C030D ??? help?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just to clarify, the 32WLT68 was the older model, which we tested in January at £1200 and gave 4 stars. It's now been deleted from our Buyer's Guide and replaced by the new 32C030D which we tested at £599 in May and Awarded 5 stars.

The new model is much cheaper because Toshiba, like all manufacturers, has had to drop its prices considerably to remain competitive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts