top 250 euro speaker for a small room

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i am thinking of buying dali lektor 1 or 2 but maybe is better to save litle more and buy Elac debut 5 ?

what are your thoughts?

ps. do you think Elac debut 5 can be very good for a 4x4 meter room?

ps. 2 you can ad information and ask, but my preference is single wire speaker (sorry im just kinki on that) *crazy*

bubobubo said:
i am thinking of buying dali lektor 1 or 2 but maybe is better to save litle more and buy Elac debut 5 ?

what are your thoughts?

ps. do you think Elac debut 5 can be very good for a 4x4 meter room?

ps. 2 you can ad information and ask, but my preference is single wire speaker (sorry im just kinki on that) *crazy*

Could you not dem the Dalis? If you like the sound in the dealers you can request a home dem.

What amp are you planning to use with your speakers?

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
yes i can demo the Dali but not the Elac(not a store here in stockholm to demo as longer i know)

ps. i have denon pma 520ae amp (maybe to litle watt for the Elac)

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
sorry i im looking for 250 euro maximun so i forget the elac ,but it may happen the ealc goes down to 250 euro in the future, for the price i am and i only want single wire(im kinki on that) i may demo these:Canton GLE 436 and Pioneer S-CN301-LR both(220 euro) any dali from around 250 euro dali zensor 1 (260 euro) and pico (200euro) maybe the new lektor 1 and 2 get in the same price

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Just because you can biwire a speaker does not mean you have to. I call b/s on bi wiring personally but people that know a lot more than me say it's worth it.

I have Q acoustics 2020i that can be but are not bi wired and they work great.

They actually might be a good one for you but are under budget so you'll likely do better with more money. Have you speaker stands?

Being that your amp is not massive powerful look for a good speaker that had higher sensitivity so you can get louder without pushing the amp to much. Monitor audio bronze 2 are a good example

Edit, forget the MA suggestion, I realised your talking euro, not pounds

gasolin

muljao said:
Just because you can biwire a speaker does not mean you have to. I call b/s on bi wiring personally but people that know a lot more than me say it's worth it.

I have Q acoustics 2020i that can be but are not bi wired and they work great.

They actually might be a good one for you but are under budget so you'll likely do better with more money. Have you speaker stands?

Being that your amp is not massive powerful look for a good speaker that had higher sensitivity so you can get louder without pushing the amp to much. Monitor audio bronze 2 are a good example

Edit, forget the MA suggestion, I realised your talking euro, not pounds

Try to phone him or sent him a mail and ask what it would cost to sendt them to stockholm (free shipping in denmark) http://hifistore.dk/q-acoustics-2000i-serie-74/q-acoustic-2020i-spar-50-p327 or mabye ask for a price on the 3010

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i would prefer to demo them for that price, for 50 euro more i can get Q Acoustics 3020 here in sweden total price 350 euro to much for me i prefer i guess elac debut 5 if i save money for that and it going to take me as unemployed about a year intead of about 3 month for a 200 or 250 euro speaker

i guess the best is to wait for the lektor 2 to came to sweden and i will had the money then (sure takes like 2 mothns or so)

gasolin

bubobubo said:
i would prefer to demo them for that price, for 50 euro more i can get Q Acoustics 3020 here in sweden total price 350 euro to much for me i prefer i guess elac debut 5 if i save money for that and it going to take me as unemployed about a year intead of about 3 month for a 200 or 250 euro speaker

i guess the best is to wait for the lektor 2 to came to sweden and i will had the money then (sure takes like 2 mothns or so)

You can get a pair of 3020 for 271€ if shipping is free to sweden i don't know http://hifistore.dk/3000-series-123/3020-p583

Lektor is discontinued http://www.dali-speakers.com/discontinued/

gasolin

I forgot about the Mission LX-2's

They cost between 200 and 250€ they are still on my list because they should have good bass, unfortunally the only real thing i miss from ny Q Acoustics 3020, just a little deep,little louder a bit more punchy thighter, i only play medium loud and no where near my amps limited

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
The LX2 are big square boxes with no concession to design, ugly springs to mind. Similar in looks to Zensor 3.

Knowing Mission well though I'd say they will sound good.

Muddywaterstones

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Aren't Jamo another Scandanavian brand? I heard some recently in a mate's house that had a nice, clean, punchy sound. I'm not sure exactly which model but they were quite small so I suspect it was the S622 or something in that range. The cabinets were square rather than the rounded Concert model, one step up. A bit like Dali, the figures don't look too easy a load. He had a Marantz PM6005 connected without any obvious problems.

There is always the Wharfedale Diamond series and Q Acoustics that seem to be recommended every time in this price range.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the single v bi-wire thing. If the speaker has double binding posts you can just strip the cable back about 4-5 cm, then pass it through one binding post into the one above and then screw both posts shut. If you can tell any difference I'd be amazed. All this talk of binding posts and screwing is rather kinky. Excuse me a moment........

gasolin

drummerman said:
The LX2 are big square boxes with no concession to design, ugly springs to mind. Similar in looks to Zensor 3.

Would you prefer beatifull speakers with a sound as in a 40 year old cheap car, those with a blaupunkt radio and small midragne speakers?

I think if you have to make value for money speakers, lets say less than 250£ for a pair (mission LX-2,dali zensor 1,Q Acoustics 2020,3010,3020, Kef Q 100/300 is incredible cheap compared to prices in denmark) you have to skip on something to really make them value for money, one thing that i have read that makes them cheap to build is to have a traditionel shaped cabinet and also regular units not some exotic units, they have them made the cabinet stronger to eliminate vibrations (mabye not aa advanced as the Q Acoustics concept 20) and they say they have usen big magnets to give it a strong bass,sound

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
gasolin said:
drummerman said:

Would you prefer beatifull speakers with a sound as in a 40 year old cheap car, those with a blaupunkt radio and small midragne speakers?

I think if you have to make value for money speakers, lets say less than 250£ for a pair (mission LX-2,dali zensor 1,Q Acoustics 2020,3010,3020, Kef Q 100/300 is incredible cheap compared to prices in denmark) you have to skip on something to really make them value for money, one thing that i have read that makes them cheap to build is to have a traditionel shaped cabinet and also regular units not some exotic units, they have them made the cabinet stronger to eliminate vibrations (mabye not aa advanced as the Q Acoustics concept 20) and they say they have usen big magnets to give it a strong bass,sound

Indeed, its always a compromise at the budget end. Expect no miracles.

You can choose half decent drivers and cheap box (Elac, Mission, Dali etc) or cheap drivers with a decent box ie. QAcoustic.

Wharfedales somewhat seem to walk the middle way with decent drivers and boxes. Probably nothing exceptional but their Diamonds have usually been carefully designed plus they have the might of the IAG group behind them.

Just dont expect perfection.

gasolin

drummerman said:
gasolin said:
drummerman said:

Indeed, its always a compromise at the budget end. Expect no miracles.

You can choose half decent drivers and cheap box (Elac, Mission, Dali etc) or cheap drivers with a decent box ie. QAcoustic.

Wharfedales somewhat seem to walk the middle way with decent drivers and boxes. Probably nothing exceptional but their Diamonds have usually been carefully designed plus they have the might of the IAG group behind them.

Just dont expect perfection.

I don't like wharfedale diamond 220 at all, it's a mystery why whathifi chosed wharfedale 220 as the budget of 2014

I agree The Diamond 220 made it about 3 songs into my listening session before I packaged them up and put them back in the trunk This is truly one of the poorer speakers I've ever heard.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/review-wharfedale-diamond-220-speakers-avoid-this-product.568586/

I tried them 2 times

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts