Too many speakers/wires

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there really a viable ative to having a full surround sound package?.

We will be upgrading soon and although I would like a complete system (Onkyo and KEF), my wife does not want all the speaker wires running all over the place. The front room is an open plan, funny shape, with the TV in the corner and 2 sofas in an L shape facing it.

Can it be done any other way????

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If the problem is only wires, KEF is releasing a new KIT range which offer wireless rear speakers. I can't remember the model number now, but it was a feature in the last issue.

Or run the wires under the carpets?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
There are two new wireless KEF systems on the way, the KIT570W and KIT580W. They're featured in the next Ultimate Guide to Systems (on sale February 14) and we're hoping to test them soon in WHF?SV.

A

Anonymous

Will have to wait then, I get the feeling it may be a good alternative.

The other option I have seen about is the Yamaha sound projector. what is the verdict on these. I know it would not be true surround sound. but is it an option worth looking at?

A

Anonymous

Just had a quick GOOGLE for the kit range and found some news (whathifi) about a whole new range of speakers coming out from KEF. I like the sound of the Wireless KIT, if not the price.

Not too sure I like the one box does all, with DVD included, as it doesn't allow for choosing the DVD of choice.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tatooineraider"]
Not too sure I like the one box does all, with DVD included, as it doesn't allow for choosing the DVD of choice.
[/quote]

Mmm agreed. Given the choice, I would always go down the separate DVD / amp / speakers route if possible

A

Anonymous

not sure about using the "quote" facility but here goes.I've got the YSP 1100 and think it's FANTASTIC,go and demo one .I paid £800 for mine including installation and set-up.

The other option I have seen about is the Yamaha sound projector. what is the verdict on these. I know it would not be true surround sound. but is it an option worth looking at?
[/quote]

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mohawk"]
not sure about using the "quote" facility but here goes.I've got the YSP 1100 and think it's FANTASTIC,go and demo one .I paid £800 for mine including installation and set-up.

[/quote][/quote]

I have seen it advertised, looks good in its own cabinet also, just wasn't sure about the whole psuedo surround thing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts