tonearm wiring

FrankFromQc

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I recently bought a Jelco 750D which has 6 wires (right and left + and -, and 2 tonearms grounds I think)but no connector. So I find a cardas 5 pins connector , and I put the 2 tonearms grounds on the same pins of the cardas ( the middle one)., and connect the other wires as usual.

I thought this wiring was correct, but I got an audible hum/buzz. I tried two cattridge : an AT95E (buzz/hum was here but not so loud) and an Ortofon 2 m Red ( for which the hum was horrible). The hum tend to be more present when I touch the tonearm. Any ideas of what I missing ?

Thanks for your help !

FrankFromQc said:
Hi guys

I recently bought a Jelco 750D which has 6 wires (right and left + and -, and 2 tonearms grounds I think)but no connector. So I find a cardas 5 pins connector , and I put the 2 tonearms grounds on the same pins of the cardas ( the middle one)., and connect the other wires as usual.

I thought this wiring was correct, but I got an audible hum/buzz. I tried two cattridge : an AT95E (buzz/hum was here but not so loud) and an Ortofon 2 m Red ( for which the hum was horrible). The hum tend to be more present when I touch the tonearm. Any ideas of what I missing ?

Thanks for your help !

The usual rule of thumb is, if it buzzes try disconnecting it. If you are sure plug is wired correctly then disconnected one or both of the earth. I assume your phono cables from the turntable has an earth wire also.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts