Tonearm VTA have i set it correctly

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
So I set the tracking force to the recommened 1.75 for the cartridge supplied with my Genie III. As for the VTA the instructions said to use a magnifying glass and adjust until the needl is parallel to the records surface, so I did this and as far as I can tell its dead parallel to the surface. Does this mean ive said it up correctly?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
skularatna:As for the VTA the instructions said to use a magnifying glass and adjust until the needl is parallel to the records surface, so I did this and as far as I can tell its dead parallel to the surface. Does this mean ive said it up correctly?

Having the needle parallel to the record surface would mean something has gone very, very wrong
emotion-6.gif

The bit of the instructions you are referring to is where it says to use a magnifying glass (at the front) to ensure the needle is vertical (or perpendicular). This is for correct azimuth.

It is the top surface of the cartridge body (or top of the headshell) that should be parallel to the record surface (looking from the front) to correspond with the needle being vertical in the groove.

For VTA the armtube should be parallel to the record surface along it's length.

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Just re-read the instructions and checked my setup thankfully all is ok. I guess i mistyped. But yeah tonearm is parallel to the record surface and top surface of cartridge body is parallel.

TRENDING THREADS