To WHF team - clarity on the Denon 1910 award please...

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys

Can I just ask if, in relation to the award given to the Denon AVR 1910 and in the light of its rival the Yam RX V 1065. Did the Denon trump it as it's a better am per se - or a better amp, for the money?

I'm just wondering if you viewed the Yamaha with a £700 price tag or, as can be found easily online, more of a £510 one? I'm about to buy one or the other (can't find anywhere where I can audition both!) so if the Yamaha is actually a better amp, I don't mind spending an exrtra 60 quid or so.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Good point roger06 I am also in the process of getting a new amp and would like to know how the yamaha stands up against the denon 1910 & the Denon 2310.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare could you tell me in your opinion if the Denon 2310 is worth the extra £200 I will use the amp mostly for surround sound and occasionally for music.

Thanks Clare

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:The Denon AVR-1910 is better value, but the Yamaha '1065 the slightly better amp - but then the Denon AVR-2310 is a better amp still.

Thanks Clare - that's the straight answer I was after (but stop trying to get me to spend more money on the 2310!!!)

I called two Seven Oaks branches yesterday, one of whom said they didn't sell the Yamaha as they had too many problems with 'assignable inputs' - whatever that means, and the other who also said they didn't sell them. Which I thought somewhat weird.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
roger06:I called two Seven Oaks branches yesterday, one of whom said they didn't sell the Yamaha as they had too many problems with 'assignable inputs' - whatever that means, and the other who also said they didn't sell them.

I think the two answers probably mean the same thing...

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare the rest of my system is

6 kef iq5se speakers

kef iq60 centre

kef HTB2SEB sub

QED silver anniversary xt speaker cable

The room is 30ft by 12ft

Thanks Clare

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare my sources are currently Sky HD and a Sony S350 blue ray player.

Thanks Clare

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
roger06:I called two Seven Oaks branches yesterday, one of whom said they didn't sell the Yamaha as they had too many problems with 'assignable inputs' - whatever that means, and the other who also said they didn't sell them.

Which is what? what's the issue with 'assignable inputs'? what does that mean and is it something I should worry about?

daveh75

roger06:Andrew Everard:

Which is what? what's the issue with 'assignable inputs'? what does that mean and is it something I should worry about?

Probably mean's because they dont stock it,they felt the need to talk a load of cobblers to prevent you going elsewhere to buy the Yamaha!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
roger06:Which is what? what's the issue with 'assignable inputs'? what does that mean and is it something I should worry about?

There is no issue with assignable inputs. It's just that dealers usually have a really good reason with which to disparage products they don't sell, and explain why you should buy the ones they do...

A

Anonymous

There are limitations in input assignabilty when compared to the full flexibilty on offer elsewhere, however for most people this is unlikely to be an issue .

The limitations seem to be around the assignability of coax/optical/analogue audio to component video, so if you have a Wii and an old pre HDMI DVD recorder you might have a problem - but even then there are workarounds.

I'm not sure why retailers are using this as an excuse for not stocking the product. My local Audio-T didn't have any Yamaha's in stock a couple of months ago for "quality" reasons, although I've not seen anything in the various forums that suggests this to be an issue.

My guess is that they just haven't caught up with reality - last year Yamaha had assignability issues with SKY and they were also unable to meet demand. Both these situations were resolved some time ago.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
whitwood:My local Audio-T didn't have any Yamaha's in stock a couple of months ago for "quality" reasons, although I've not seen anything in the various forums that suggests this to be an issue.

Exactly the point I was making earlier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts