To Richard Allen (EB Acoustics)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

On January 23 I received the EB2 in my house:

http://www.wahthifi.com/forum/hi-fi/what-is-the-waiting-time-for-eb-acoustics

During the trial period I detected a problem, I did tests with different amplifiers and sources, I changed the wires and position, and finally last Thursday I wrote an e-mail to Richard Allen. I have not phoned because my spoken english is disastrous.
smiley-cry.gif

My problem is an exception so I would like to contact Richard by private. The EB2 are fantastic speakers and I would like to continue with them or get a replacement, but I have not wanted to send them back without talking to Richard. Also, shipping from Spain are not cheap and I do not know who should pay in a case like this.

I repeat: the EB2 speakers are incredible and this is not a criticism, quite the contrary. All I want is to contact Richard in writing and resolve this specific problem.

I must say that a year ago I bought some EB1 and I'm very happy with them: they sound superb (especially with Naim) and they hace never given me any problem. I just bought the EB2 because I fell in love with EB1.

Thanks for everything and received a warm greeting from Spain

A

Anonymous

OK. I will wait. Sincere thanks for your reply.

Greetings

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Goethe, I saw Richard here at the Bristol Show yesterday so I know he'll be here all weekend. I'll pass your message on to him, but I suspect he won't be back in the office until Monday.

UPDATE

Richard just popped on to our stand and I showed him this thread, so he'll contact you tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Richard has contacted me today and it seems the problem will be solved quickly. :dance: Thanks to the WHF team and also to Richard, and apologize for any inconvenience that may have cause you.

If you wish, you can close this thread.

Greetings

A

Anonymous

Please forget my previous message. The problem is not resolved quickly. I'm still waiting, and I'm beginning to despair after several e-mails, several interventions in the forum, and a telephone conversation with Richard for three weeks. I made ​​my payment for about 8 months and I have only two speakers that do not work in a box.Sorry, the speakers are very good but my patience is not what it was.

Please forget my previous message. The problem is not resolved quickly. I'm still waiting, and I'm beginning to despair after several e-mails, several interventions in the forum, and a telephone conversation with Richard for three weeks. I made ​​my payment for about 8 months and I have only two speakers that do not work in a box.

Sorry, the speakers are very good but my patience is not what it was.

:help:

A

Anonymous

I want to make clear that this is only my personal experience, and I like to think I've had very bad luck.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, 10 months and 12 days, my paypal payment is July 6, 2011:

Conversión de:
-€870,21 EURConversión a:
£759,00 GBPTipo de cambio:
1 Euro = 0,872203 Libras esterlinas

Fecha:
6 jul 2011Hora:
10:45:47 PDTEstado:
Completado
Asunto:
EB2 Oak EU

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Goethe said:
I want to make clear that this is only my personal experience, and I like to think I've had very bad luck.

That's really sad. I don't think that's something that can just be written off as bad luck. There is a break down somewhere in the whole process & EB Acoustics really needs to address it before the damage to their reputation is permanent. Online only sales companies have to be even more concerned about their customer service than in-store brands, since good word of mouth is key to their sales. I have considered EB2's in the past, but there's no way I'd order them knowing that it coulds be months to get them and further months to get them replaced if there is a defect.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Out of interest and if I may ask - what exactly is the nature of the problem? Perhaps, since you're having no luck, it may be DIY repairable in any case. Is it one or both speakers exhibiting a problem? It could be a simple wiring issue and speakers are pretty easy to fix in that regard. I know this isn't an ideal solution but seems worth asking.

Richard is a good guy and we had a lovely chat with him at the show - I'd imagine he's just one of those guys who gets stuck into his work (designing the speakers) and loses track of the more day-to-day running issues - I'm much like this but luckily have other people to deal with such things!

Cheers,

Jim.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your message. The problem is that one of the speakers distort. Unfortunately, I have enough knowledge of electronics and repair should send by mail to 200 km from where I live. Also, I prefer to be right and not touch a product that is under warranty.I do not doubt what you have written. The times that my girlfriend talked to him on the phone, he has been very friendly, and indeed seems like a good person. For this reason, I sorry to have to open this thread, but you will understand that after 10 months I am desperate.Greetings and thanks

Thank you very much for your message. The problem is that one of the speakers distort. Unfortunately, I have enough knowledge of electronics and repair should send by mail to 200 km from where I live. Also, I prefer to be right and not touch a product that is under warranty.

I do not doubt what you have written. The times that my girlfriend talked to him on the phone, he has been very friendly, and indeed seems like a good person. For this reason, I'm sorry to have to open this thread, but you will understand that after 10 months I am desperate.

I believe that all manufacturers may have defective products. This is normal. But I also think that in such cases the replacement should be immediate, especially if the delivery of EB2 is 10 weeks and I had to wait twice.

I always like to speak well of the manufacturers, and in this case I will do: both speakers, EB1 and EB2, are formidable. Richard is a gifted designer and builder. When this story ends well, I just remember this.

Greetings and thanks

ag

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all I'm trying to contact Richard Allen. All phone lines are now unobtainable & emails unanswered.

I paid in full for EB2's July 2014 & I'm still awaiting delivery. I have requested A refund without success

Please contact me if your experiencing similar problems with

EB Acoustics

record_spot

A year on, and this is still going on? I hear Richard's been unwell, backlogs are minor, everything's in hand. Sorry, but with the best will in the world, leaving customers high and dry a year on in is burying the head in the sand. People deserve better and someone should be stepping in to assist from the "company" side. Small claims if you're in the UK and go to your credit card company or PayPal if you're not. I hope Richard gets his personal issues sorted out, his company needs a manager and unfortunately, if he's not prepared to spend the money to hire one, that's a failure on his part.

AVI manage this - and they're a two man outfit but they produce their stuff efficiently and keep customers informed. This is not a difficult game to get right.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As I've previously posted, Richard Allen is no longer selling or making EB Acoustic speakers.

I have also been asked by Roth Audio to let people know that they are not in a position to provide contact details for Richard Allen/EB Acoustics and have had no commercial relationship with him or any of his companies for well over a year. They would be grateful if those wishing to contact Richard Allen do not phone or email Roth Audio.

Find this all quite depressing.

Clearly no-one will receive a refund. That's horrible. Who wants to be screwed for hundreds of pounds?

Such a (allegedly) wonderful brand let down by poor customer services. The only reason I say allegedly is because I haven't heard them. I did offer my services a few years ago - not as an engineer but managing an ailing business.

All fell on death ears. Hey-ho.

Hi-fi industry needs the smaller companies as much as the larger corporations.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe the payments were through Paypal I would contact them and see what they say. Also your credit card company if you paid by credit card which is safest way online.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Many businesses fail because the owner/founder can't take what they consider is a giant risk to let go of certain tasks & responsibilities to others. I've seen it at first hand - in fact if this had happened in one case, I would have been directing a very successful manufacturing company. The potential was amazing yet the idiot owner and his wife were control freaks who after turning over countless staff, ended up putting the company in liquidation to escape costly litigation. I'm not bitter, it's just it was such a wasted opportunity for a lot of people.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts