To MusicLover: Re. Headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can this be for MusicLover please?
I'm really close to buying a pair of AKG K701s, but I'm not sure if the Senheiser HD650s are better. Please advise me on which to buy and if you are satisfied with yours! I've got some Grados at the mo and I had the SR60s before hand so if you could compare the sound, that would be great!

Many thanks, Hughes.

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:Can this be for MusicLover please?
I'm really close to buying a pair of AKG K701s, but I'm not sure if the Senheiser HD650s are better. Please advise me on which to buy and if you are satisfied with yours! I've got some Grados at the mo and I had the SR60s before hand so if you could compare the sound, that would be great!

Many thanks, Hughes.

I thought you had uber GS1000s?

ÿ

In any case I prefer my HD595 to the HD650 (which sound great but too slow) The HD595 is much cheaper and worth an audition.ÿ

A

Anonymous

pudley:I thought you had uber GS1000s?

I do! But I my father wants me to buy a second pair for him and mates so he can have his own pair! But they have to be around £200.

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Unless you want HP's with an analytical sound signature and shy bass I don't recommend the AKG 701's. They also need very strong amplification to sound anywhere near their full potential. If you want to go down the Senn-route I actually prefer the HD 600 to the HD 650. The HD 595 are very good too: they don't excel at anything but don't do anything wrong. An extremely all-round pair of HP's imo.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:Can this be for MusicLover please?

Many thanks, Hughes.

Although I have not heard the 701's (I may look into them one day), I gather that they are considered monitor type 'phones. So they should sound balanced, analytical, detailed, bright, etc. Maybe not for everyone, but of course I could be talking a load of old rubbish...

I think the 650's are very nice, but they really do divide opinion. They can sound a little too warm, as Pudley mentioned above, slow and don't sound as detailed as many phones at a similar and cheaper price, but this is dependent on source and amplification, they seem to like valve juice though. Oh and they clamp your head like a vice! I have quite a small head, overtime I had to gently bend the metal parts of the headband to get a less painful fit.

Personally, I think that the HD600's are a good balance. While they can be bettered for detail, they produce enough to keep most people happy, have a more balanced sound than the 650's but still retain a touch of the Sennheiser euphonic sound that some of us like but shouldn't put non Sennheiser fans off. I've owned mine for a few years, still like them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts