To Matthew and Gel

Status
Not open for further replies.

manicm

If you listen to Taylor Swift’s last 3 or 4 albums (her latest 2 are acoustic) you’d know she’s far from vacuous. That was rather harsh. And she does have a hand in writing the songs too. Her lyrics reveal a self-deprecating sense of humour.

I’ve a newfound respect for her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

If you listen to Taylor Swift’s last 3 or 4 albums (her latest 2 are acoustic) you’d know she’s far from vacuous. That was rather harsh. And she does have a hand in writing the songs too. Her lyrics reveal a self-deprecating sense of humour.

I have no idea what you’re going on about?

D

Deleted member 108165

The ‘This is awful’ thread you just ended,
Precisely! Can't see why that thread was locked... a case of over-moderation by Gel methinks. What were you thinking? Just because Matthew said it was full of negativity doesn't mean that you had to hit the Lock button... just ridiculous. Stand by as this thread may well get locked too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gray
Personally, I think gel was right in locking that thread. The world can do with less negativity. People comparing it to beheading, stating it's a crime against humanity etc. sounds harmless but we need to be mindful about what comments we put on the internet. Always think how the person might feel if they happen to read it, before posting. Lives have been lost due to trolling. They're all making a living in their own ways. If you don't like it, you can just say you don't like it.....but then proceeding to insult that person isn't appropriate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

The ‘This is awful’ thread you just ended,
I was just agreeing with Matthew about the negativity about the thread nothing else. Also, I have no idea who Taylor Swift is too I have heard of her but I couldn’t pick her out from someone else.

D

Deleted member 2457

Precisely! Can't see why that thread was locked... a case of over-moderation by Gel methinks. What were you thinking? Just because Matthew said it was full of negativity doesn't mean that you had to hit the Lock button... just ridiculous. Stand by as this thread may well get locked too...
Please don’t discuss moderation forum rules.

D

Deleted member 2457

Personally, I think gel was right in locking that thread. The world can do with less negativity. People comparing it to beheading, stating it's a crime against humanity etc. sounds harmless but we need to be mindful about what comments we put on the internet. Always think how the person might feel if they happen to read it, before posting. Lives have been lost due to trolling. They're all making a living in their own ways. If you don't like it, you can just say you don't like it.....but then proceeding to insult that person isn't appropriate.
Thanks BB, precisely why I locked it.

matthewpiano

I respect your opinion but I have mine too, and neither of us is right or wrong.

I personally find her lyrics banal, and the talk of becoming engrossed in acoustic folk rather wide of reality. I've tried and tried with 'Folklore' but it just makes me cringe. The difference between our discussion and some of what was being said about Celine Dion in the other thread, is that we respect each other's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts