To DNM or not to DNM?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Over the past few months l've been putting together a system with, mainly, second user gear. Now have a Arcam Alpha 5 CD with a trichord clock fitted, upgraded op amps & set up as non over sampling. Sound is powered with Arcam Alpha 8 Integrated & 9 power, driving Monitor Audio RS1's.

l've tried Chord interconnects (Chameleon Silver plus) but changed these to Gotham, as l found the sound a little bright. l know this may have a lot to do with the MA's as they are forward.

At present, the 'speaker wire is QED Silver Anniversary. l'm considering DNN Reson (two runs) but l'm a little concerned that this will take the edge of the sound, as l believe DNM tends to role off the top end.

As an alternative, is the QED Silver anniversary XT version any different to the original SA?

Any other suggestions, in terms of 'speaker cable would be gratefully received.

MRB

Feb 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi. I tried some DNM speaker cables a few years ago but found them slightly sharp sounding and lacking in deep bass. Could be my system though.

I later switched to Linn K10 (smooth) and then some Naim Naca5 (detailed, confident).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts