Time to upgrade....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
...from QED Silver Anniversay.

I can see three qualifiers at around the £15 per metre mark

QED Revelation...QED XT400...Chord Odysey2

Does anyone have any comments on the differences?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
cstanwhf:I would suggest Kimber Kable 4TC or for bi-wire, 8TC. From Russ Andews.

8TC isn't a bi-wire version of 4TC. It just has more individual cables in the weave. If you want to bi-wire using 4 or 8TC, you'll need 4 lengths.

A

Anonymous

4TC & 8TC are out of my pricerange as I need (odd lengths) a 10m length and 3m length

Around £15 per metre is my limit

A

Anonymous

It would help to know of the improvements you are after, what is it you are wanting to gain?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I just think I can get more from my system.

I currently use Tag Mclaren Dac and Transport to Rotel Power AMP (need to upgrade this at some point) feeding B&W CDM7NT Speakers.

As already stated, I use silver anniversay but believe I can get more detail from investing a bit more

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I recently upgraded from QED Silver Anniversary to Chord Odyssey and was surprised and hugely impressed by how much the Odyssey improves music and movies.

A

Anonymous

Chord Odyssey is just slightly better than the XT400 imo. Greate value cable.Not sure about the revelation.

"QED Revelation...QED XT400...Chord Odysey2"

Hello Tomekay,

Firstly, thanks for investing in your old QED Silver Anniversary cables, I'm glad they have served you well over the past years.

Secondly, I'm a little concerned you are considering two such vastly different cable lengths. If you are looking at any one of these three excellent cables, you obviously take your sound system very seriously. I would expect the (very tiny) difference in sound quality you would hear from a 10m and 3m cable to be enough to adversely affect your '3D' stereo image (soundstage).

Thirdly, as stated above, all three are excellent cables, but you perhaps won't be surprised to learn I sincerly believe the wonderful open neutrality of the new QED Revelation cable makes it the clear winner. However, I know I'm not biased but you don't and there's even a slight chance there may possibly be some people at Chord who might disagree with me
emotion-2.gif
. Which is why I would urge you to find a dealer who will allow you to 'A - B' audition the cables. Very good dealers might even let you take a couple of sets home over a weekend (unless they know you, they will probably ask you for a credit card deposit against their safe return). I would strongly recommend you hear (and believe) your own ears when making decisions like this, rather than rely on the opinions of others.

Very best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager -- Armour Home (QED)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunatley, my Rack is situated in the far left of my living room. The left speaker is (kind of) next to the rack (about 2 ft gap). The Right speaker is way over the other side of the room.

So, the Right Speaker cable needs to go behind the left speaker, around a fire place, behind a TV etc.

I have remeasured and I think I only need 8mtrs (not 10) but 3mtrs is still far too much for the left.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS