Time for a speaker upgrade.....

johnnyr1970

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Looking to upgrade my Mordaunt Short Aviano 1 XR speakers for something in the £400 to £500 bracket. Got to be standmounters and relatively compact so I've shortlisted the following:

Rega RS1

Dynaudio 2/6

ATC SCM7

I like a forward sound but don't like to feel I'm being shouted at so harsh treble is not for me. Listen mainly to acoustic rock (Ryan Adams, Decemberists, Belle & Sebastian, REM) but occasionally like to 'rock out' with some indie-rock (Killers, Courteeners, Joy Division, Stone Roses).

Would appreciate some thoughts on which of the shortlisted speakers might be most suitable for me. I can demo the Rega and Dynaudio together at a local dealer so they are probably favourite at the moment....

The rest of my system is listed below, all music is in highest quality Flac format ripped from CD.

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Could try leema acoustics xero speakers very good compact speaker. Audio oasis have some ex-demo also do home trail.

http://www.audiooasis.co.uk/en/prodinfo.php?productid=SH-LEM-SP-Xero

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few Epos speakers for reasons I won't go into back in Oz. They're an acquired taste. You'd definitely have to give them a listen - breathed a sigh of relief when I sold the last of mine, but I've some mates who love them. Mind you, they also love INXS.

A

Anonymous

I own a curent Creek amp and find the sound very neutral, smooth and lush but I'm not sure your shortlisted speakers will give you what you want. I also currently own Epos and they are a safe match but not breathtaking, My current favourite is the Usher S520 which sounds slightly forward and is a perfect match for the Creek's refined sound. Avoid the Usher review here and do a google search, they couldn't have got it more wrong.

johnnyr1970

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts so far, I'll be sure to try and have a listen to those already suggested.

Still though, anyone out there with any comments/experience with the 3 speakers I've shortlisted?

johnnyr1970

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts so far, I'll be sure to try and have a listen to those already suggested.

Still though, anyone out there with any comments/experience with the 3 speakers I've shortlisted?

TRENDING THREADS