Time for a new Av Receiver

Juventino

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

I am looking to replace my Onkyo TX-SR705 as it has finally reached its replacement date as does not have the 3d option available and my HDMI out has finally given up on me.

I have the following that will be used on the system which is set up in a 4meter x 3meter room:

B&W 685 Front

B&W centre

Wharfedale 9.2 rear

Will be looking to use the following on the HDMI points:

Blu-ray player

PS3

HD Satelite receiver

46in LED TV

HD Media Player for Movies and Music

Have been reading up and been looking at the ONKYO TX-NR 515 or the Yamaha RX-V673 which are similarly priced in South Africa. I know Onkyo have been suffering from reliability issue with the HDMI ports.

If anyone can help me make a decision or even suggest another option to look at definitely open to suggestions

Thanks in advance

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak about the Onkyo TX-NR515, but for some months I owned the Yamaha RX-V671, the immediate predecessor of the Yamaha RX-V673 and I thought that it was a very good unit, and I changed it for my present Yamaha RX-V1067 only because I wanted to drive a surround back speaker as well as front presence speakers.The Yamaha RX-V673 has enough HDMI inputs for the devices that you list, and has just won the 2012 Product of the Year, not just for AV receivers but in all categories, so it's good! I presume that you will have seen the review here http://www.whathifi.com/review/yamaha-rx-v673 and there is also this Australian review http://www.cnet.com.au/yamaha-rx-v673-339342030.htm . Buy and enjoy!

Juventino

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the advice will use it for later posts.

Whats your view on my Av Receiver choice? The Marantz is about 175pounds more than the other 2, would it be worth the spend?

All AV receivers sound different to one another & we can only give advice based on our listening preferences. Your listening preferences could be different. The best way is to demo your options with your chosen speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts