Tidal UK offers after trial finishes?

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I’m currently enjoying Tidal on the pre-Christmas “four months for £0.99”. But I can’t justify £20/m for a second streaming service - so does Tidal in the UK offer further discounts once trials expire? Is there a year plan? I don’t expect a massive reduction but anything would be good

Jimboo

I think you will find that the expected massive leap of quality you assume you will hear by spending more money will leave you crushingly disappointed. Tidal is more , erm , fuller sounding than Spotify. There are too many remasters on streaming platforms. They are very good for finding new music. Instantly reading about a band and typing it into a search box and then hearing what all the fuss is about is a great thing. Renting your collection v owning the physical product is your choice. MQA , masters quality etc , Yadda,Yadda.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I think you will find that the expected massive leap of quality you assume you will hear by spending more money will leave you crushingly disappointed. Tidal is more , erm , fuller sounding than Spotify. There are too many remasters on streaming platforms. They are very good for finding new music. Instantly reading about a band and typing it into a search box and then hearing what all the fuss is about is a great thing. Renting your collection v owning the physical product is your choice. MQA , masters quality etc , Yadda,Yadda.
One of the better things about being in my fifties is that most of the music I love I already own on CD and vinyl :)

Reactions: TheJoker

Jimboo

Me too 😀 the golden rule ? Originally released on vinyl buy the original pressing , originally released on c.d buy the c.d. Streaming is very cool but there is not much to be gained spending serious money on it , streamers are not bringing much to the party in say the same way a cartridge can.

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Me too 😀 the golden rule ? Originally released on vinyl buy the original pressing , originally released on c.d buy the c.d. Streaming is very cool but there is not much to be gained spending serious money on it , streamers are not bringing much to the party in say the same way a cartridge can.
With you 100%. But I make an exception for CDs released in the 80s and early 90s, where sometimes the transfers to CD can be very poor

D

Deleted member 108165

With you 100%. But I make an exception for CDs released in the 80s and early 90s, where sometimes the transfers to CD can be very poor
They may be poor but the remasters are awful :) I always go for original where I can, including CDs.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
If I had equipment as impressive as yours I’d fully agree, but my set up is more humble 😳

That's very kind of you to say and to some my set ups would definitely be classed as humble - it's all relative. What i will say is regardless of budget source is crucial and for less than the price of a coffee per day Tidal offers millions of tracks in very very nice sound quality....

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
When I cancelled my trial subscription today Tidal asked me to complete an Exit Survey. No great surprise, but when I answered the first two questions my browser just kept loading the first page of the survey repeatedly. Not massively impressive (I'd wanted to give feedback) but then they sent me an email confirming my cancellation - in Polish!
Is it me or do Tidal really not care about us UK customers?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts