Tidal / Sonos streams skipping & unable to connect

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone run into the issue where Tidal seems to skip and be unable to connect while playing through Sonos and possibly have a solution? I have tried all the suggested changes from Sonos such as changing the WiFi channels, reinstalling the desktop app, resetting my connections, and more but the issue still persists. Starting to think it's just Tidal's backend being crap. Looking around, it seems I'm not the only one with this issue but seemingly no fixes have been found thus far.

scene

Don't use Tidal, but I've had recurring glitches with TuneIn through Sonos, with skipping, repeats, odd dropout.

Given the saturation of the internet, with everyone at home streaming and on zoom video calls, not surprised really. I've actually been impressed that it's all been as stable as it has been.

And that's the kiss of death for my broadband connection 😉

Reactions: CParsons

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I have Tidal and Apple Music at the moment. Both have occasionally had glitches of late but only temporary. I prefer Radioplayer to TuneIn on my Sonos and have had no problems with it or with Global Player

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Given the saturation of the internet, with everyone at home streaming and on zoom video calls, not surprised really. I've actually been impressed that it's all been as stable as it has been.

That's a good point. Just given it's only been happening to me on Tidal (and there's a history of it from others), I figured perhaps it was something specific to them.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've had lots of glitches on my system - using Amazon Music HD
I was using a Google mesh and wireless sonos (i.e. no sonos kit physically connected). The Google diagnostic showed that there was a steady 38mbps throughout the house. But some devices were able to accept more (sorry - not a techy). My phone could take 300+Mbps, but the sonos kit was all waay down - the worst offender (and glitchiest) was the Sonos Connect- usually getting 1000kbps.

I fished an old bridge out of the cellar and mended it (internal broadcast tower snapped due to a toddler tantrum) and hard-wired, which enabled me to swap channels. It's been a lot more stable since (probably on 3-4 glitches total).

CParsons

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Sonos issued a survey yesterday where a lot of the questions were focused on feedback about music skipping so perhaps it's a larger issue they are now looking at. I can hope anyway since it's getting even more annoying now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts