This fuse costs £4200

Friesiansam

Don't laugh.
They spent more than 22 years researching bottle neck distortion.
We can't expect them to give the fuses away.
Presumably the "bottle neck" they claim to have spent so much time researching, must be the resistance of the fuse, hence their use of silver. But, if the resistance of the fuse is reduced, surely that means it won't heat up and melt when it should do?

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Presumably the "bottle neck" they claim to have spent so much time researching, must be the resistance of the fuse, hence their use of silver. But, if the resistance of the fuse is reduced, surely that means it won't heat up and melt when it should do?
Good point. They can't have it both ways.
In 22+ years, they overlooked the reason fuses need bottle necks 😆

Reactions: Friesiansam
What's happened those that say that you should never dismiss anything without trying it?
You know the ones, the ones that say you should always keep an open mind.......

I think I've emboldened the relevant words.

Seems to me the important distinction between when a poster reports having experienced something, they aren't necessarily claiming authority (usually) or trying to make money - your recent comment on spring clips being a case in point. But when it's a manufacturer or seller, both of those things are happening - they claim to speak with authority and are after your cash. So higher standards must apply, even if only in the mind of a potential buyer.

If someone were to volunteer to do a double-blind with these fuses at my house, I'd be happy to let them. But I cannot conceive how they could possibly make a difference, let alone one worth thousands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray and Al ears
I think the other thing with these fuses is the mismatch between what it might reasonably cost to make them and the asking price is of such magnitude that it beggars belief. I'm sure the manufacturers would say that they are amortising the costs of their 'decades of research', and that others would say they are looking to part (rich) fools from their money. I suspect no-one needs ask which way forum sentiment leans!

Reactions: Friesiansam

TRENDING THREADS