These auction sites really make me cross...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
How about the other side of the coin plastic penguin.

When and if you want to move some stuff on and you make a good return on your wares after years of enjoyment?

Be it hi-fi or a pair of socks, surely that will bring a smile.

shooter69 said:
How about the other side of the coin plastic penguin.

When and if you want to move some stuff on and you make a good return on your wares after years of enjoyment?

Be it hi-fi or a pair of socks, surely that will bring a smile.

Whoa... veinites!!

I think we're moving away from my original whinge. Look at my OP and you'll see that it's aimed at so-called trade people, selling stuff at similar or higher than the high street. Certainly don't object to individuals selling on their old equipment.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Back to the original post, when you refer to items "selling" on eBay, are you looking at items that actually have sold for high prices, or just the price at which an item is being offered?

Searching in "completed items" displays an item's actual final selling price in green typeface; I regularly see loads of items listed on eBay with surprisingly high prices that never actually sell.

oldleodensian said:
Back to the original post, when you refer to items "selling" on eBay, are you looking at items that actually have sold for high prices, or just the price at which an item is being offered?

Searching in "completed items" displays an item's actual final selling price in green typeface; I regularly see loads of items listed on eBay with surprisingly high prices that never actually sell.

Usually these companies have the high prices with "Buy It Now", but whether they sell or not is another question. Let's hope they've tumbled - people aren't that stupid, surely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts