There’s no such thing as a perfect TV and there never will be (but that’s ok)

ultraminiature

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
In the early 1980s Philips had a modular television. A choice of screen size, a separate receiver and removeable speakers. An audiophile would not consider a music centre as hi-fi even with some being amazing high quality. Yet we have had our movie and programme viewing from an all in one box the television.

The modern approach to the Philips modular TV is B&O Beosound Theatre and a B&O or LG panel. The Beosound Theatre has the smarts to understand and set current and older B&O speakers to an optimum level never possible before. You can upgrade the panel from 55, 65, 75 to 100 inches. you can add surround sound speakers, rear, side and front and a full sub woofer. With BBC iPlayer, ITV x and streaming services provided by dongles or receivers the need to tuning into live over the air broadcasts has gone.

I would like the advantages of OLED for the deep black and image quality particularly on the few 4K content I have seen. But I also use my screen with static frames (desktop PC, editing, etc) and burn in would be still an issue. So I have a 65" touch panel LCD display costing over three times a 65" TV would be without the touch screen interface.

I have choices. I can pick my compromises. Saddly they all come with a built in speaker. Different size panels, different surround sound speakers including building them into ceiling and walls to be "invisible" active WiSA speakers. Streaming on-demand via a desktop computer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts