I love the Sony WF-1000XM5 but there’s one thing I would change (and it isn’t the noise-cancelling)

antych

Aug 21, 2023
Visit site
That's exactly my experience. The right earbud always feels off in my case, unless I move it around. It left a bad initial impression, but doesn't affect useability or sound quality so I got used it by now.

Reactions: Frankle

Frankle

Aug 21, 2023
Visit site
Sadly this was my problem too, spent so much time trying to get the right fit I sometimes just didn't bother & went to the gym without them. A larger ear tip would be great. I can't fault the sound or the anc or anything about them only the tip fittings, in the end I sent them back. I bought the Bose quite comfort II instead, different shape to the ear tip & fits like a glove.

RichAB

Aug 21, 2023
Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree even to the point I thought it was my ears. Early reviews spoke so highly of these earbuds that I thought I must be missing something when I found them very difficult to wear. On several occasions they have simply fallen out when walking. No way would I ever dream of exercising with them in ear. So I’m left wondering why everyone rated them 5 stars when the one key ingredient .e.g. actually wearing them is flawed? Surely that must feature as part of any review? If they had not cost so much money I would replace…..

Reactions: Frankle

Claws mayhem

Aug 22, 2023
Visit site
Exactly my issue. They were so bad I’d always be losing them out my ear. Which with dogs around were a pain!
Aftermarket ones from Amazon were far better for me.

Chippy_boy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty clear to me that the level of fit and comfort you might experience is entirely down to your own ears.

I am not particularly insensitive or tolerant - quite the opposite in fact - but in contrast to the posters above, I find my XM5's to be extremely comfortable (as were the 4's before them). I can wear them on an 11 hour transatlantic flight and forget I am even wearing them.

Skuz007

Dec 4, 2023
Visit site
AZLA sednaearfit max standard 2 possibly the best silicone ear tips with vent holes in the front. No messing a perfect seal Everytime

Binmaninnz

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
I still think there’s room for improvement with one aspect of Sony’s five-star earbuds.

I love the Sony WF-1000XM5 but there’s one thing I would change (and it isn’t the noise-cancelling) : Read more
They are driving me dingbats to the point I am giving them away. The N/C is almost non existent. I have changed the tips, returned the earphones to Sony who said they are fine and completed a correct fit test on the app. The app continually reports ear tips too small. I am using the largest tips! I have compared them in various environments and against my Bose Ultra and Jabra 10 Elite. These Sonys are seriously flawed and should not be advertised as noise cancelling. I don’t believe I should be hunting down larger tips with wax guards. The Bose are impressive and the Jabra not bad at all.

Willhiro

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
I had the same issue. I also had the same issue with the X4s. The solution was to ordered a replacement tips from Amazon. I used the Comply TruGrip Foam, and it works great. I ride my road bike for a few hours and they do not fall off. I also go to the gym with them. So far so good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts