The worst thing about tech products (and the best thing about proper hi-fi)

simontompkins

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
I do apologise for taking issue with Navanski
If you're being ridiculous then why not go all the way. Put a 78 on the gramophone. No electronics at all.
However, the heading of the Joe Cox's article includes the words "turned off" so clearly the goal is simplicity sans electricity.
Given the austerity of our time and the continued reduction of funding for classical orchestras a far better solution would be to have musicians playing in one's home. While it may be challenging to have a full classical orchestra in one's home, surely most people have enough room for a chamber orchestra.
For contemporary music fans, I'm sure plenty of aspiring musicians would appreciate a 'gig' in your home.
I'm more at a loss for coming up with a solution for replacing headphones but sure with a little imagination, any number of solutions could present themselves.

JR75

Oct 26, 2022
Visit site
I say go for it. I used to have a ton of record albums, but they are long gone, and I have no desire to go back to the hiss, crackle and pop of vinyl. However, if vinyl is your thing, then go for it (but not because Steve Jobs liked vinyl). I do agree about our high tech "just not working". On my new Pixel 7 Pro Google phone, the facial recognition has never worked, and the fingerprint recognition works about 40% of the time. It's crap, but you learn to live with it because jumping to another vendor will just bring a new set of problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts