The Vinyl Album Club

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
My method is the same, Right to left!

Good man. We can form the forum genius clique.

Completely bonkers, everyone knows it should go the other way. *crazy*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
thescarletpronster said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

The other way...?! What do you mean by that...?*biggrin*

If I do come to Lisbon again, I'm going to track you down, and if I find your records filed from right to left, I'm going to burn your house down. *wink*

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
thescarletpronster said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

The other way...?! What do you mean by that...?*biggrin*

If I do come to Lisbon again, I'm going to track you down, and if I find your records filed from right to left, I'm going to burn your house down. *wink*

I'm left handed, so what...?*blum3*

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
re: Talk Talk

I have a US first press of Laughing Stock

Also Spirit of Eden on Parlaphone, is this a first press?

My most expensive record was a sealed copy of Massive Attack 3 x 180g 1st press that I paid £65

Also have a copy of Kate Bush - Ariel that set me back £60 a few years ago.

I guess this is small fry to some of you guys - WOW

They're great records, especially as you own original copies. Not small fry at all, Steve. Your Parlophone 'Spirit Of Eden' is a first pressing...I'm pretty sure. 'Laughing Stock' goes for very big money...check latest popsike prices.

Regards.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I blame this thread. *crazy*

Last night I filed my vinyl alphabetically. It took 2.5 hours.

I ran out of shelf space at W. I normally keep a float of records in the listening room, so now it contains all the Ys, Zs and compilations until I can "negotiate" some extra shelf space.

Stupid alphabet.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Refiled my records this morning, now back to several different genres, and A-Z within genre. Happier.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

We seem to have lost Hi-Fi Outlaw and Steve Brock from the forum, which is a shame. Steve seems to have gone since he was banned for a week for upsetting The Penguin, HFO just seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure exactly what words Steve used to upset The Penguin, but I'm pretty sure he didn't call him a c**t (which I did), and I only got banned for a week, maybe less.

I know the forum has become a far less interesting place of late, but it's even less interesting without people like this. I hope they return soon.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
We seem to have lost Hi-Fi Outlaw and Steve Brock from the forum, which is a shame. Steve seems to have gone since he was banned for a week for upsetting The Penguin, HFO just seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure exactly what words Steve used to upset The Penguin, but I'm pretty sure he didn't call him a c**t (which I did), and I only got banned for a week, maybe less.

I know the forum has become a far less interesting place of late, but it's even less interesting without people like this. I hope they return soon.

More importantly, BBB, they both seemed like decent blokes; a love of lps or vinyl is great but I do appreciate it when people type with an enthusiasm and a sense of humility ie not trying to put people down and an understanding that others may have different opinions. This is not always the case in the other place and I've often muttered, 'c**t' when reading some smartarse reply to some poor bloke asking about how to plug a record player into a wall socket! I may think a lot of things but like to keep things civil in print.

I'm worried that Charlie may also be gone; I haven't seen anything from him for a while; now he was always good-natured and polite too.

The whole focus of WHF seems to have changed very radically; it's not really that concerned about two-channel hifibut all that other stuff that I have very little interest in. Maybe we should all take our custom elsewhere!

Regards.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
"other place" Jim? Folks will always come and go, it's the way of things. They get offended, they get bored etc. I like to think I'm here to stay
thumbs_up.gif

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
"other place" Jim? Folks will always come and go, it's the way of things. They get offended, they get bored etc. I like to think I'm here to stay

The 'Hifi' forum, Freddy. You're here to stay? God help us. *ROFL*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I forgot all about Charlie, Jim, he'll be back I'm sure. I've contacted Steve through another forum, and I can contact Charlie through the same forum, or I can email him directly if needed.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Jim-W said:
Freddy58 said:

The 'Hifi' forum, Freddy. You're here to stay? God help us. *ROFL*

Ahh, I thought you might have meant the 'wigwam', not a nice place. I like to think that the vinyl section is made up of more tolerant folks, in fact, I know it is. Just don't knock Genesis, ok? *biggrin*

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Genesis are sh*t! *blum3*

Lolololol. I liked them when I was 16 or so and I'd love a mono original of their first album, 'From Genesis to Revelation' but it's £1,000+ these days. 'Nursery Cryme' was a favourite back in the day and 'Selling England By The Pound' and I have a copy of 'Trespass' somewhere. Haven't listened to them for about 40 years though! Can't stand Peter Gabriel's solo stuff. Sorry, I'm really not that tolerant!

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Jim-W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Lolololol. I liked them when I was 16 or so and I'd love a mono original of their first album, 'From Genesis to Revelation' but it's £1,000+ these days. 'Nursery Cryme' was a favourite back in the day and 'Selling England By The Pound' and I have a copy of 'Trespass' somewhere. Haven't listened to them for about 40 years though! Can't stand Peter Gabriel's solo stuff. Sorry, I'm really not that tolerant!

I'm the same with Jazz *blum3*

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Jim-W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

That's nothing to do with tolerance, Freddy: you just have bad taste.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Jim-W said:
Freddy58 said:
Jim-W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

That's nothing to do with tolerance, Freddy: you just have bad taste.

No, I just know what 'moves' me
thumbs_up.gif
Can't knock that...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim-W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I did hear "From Genesis...." once, and I quite liked the sound of it, as for the rest, I only know the Phil Collins stuff, and I'm not keen apart from the odd track.

'Solsbury Hill' is one of my all time fave songs, I absolutely love it. I have owned some of his early solo albums, and still own one, but I've not really listened to them properly. I do love the soundtrack from 'Last Temptation Of Christ', a wonderful sounding album, and definitely Gabriel's finest work.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I did hear "From Genesis...." once, and I quite liked the sound of it, as for the rest, I only know the Phil Collins stuff, and I'm not keen apart from the odd track.

'Solsbury Hill' is one of my all time fave songs, I absolutely love it. I have owned some of his early solo albums, and still own one, but I've not really listened to them properly. I do love the soundtrack from 'Last Temptation Of Christ', a wonderful sounding album, and definitely Gabriel's finest work.

Strange, how folks refer in this way, when one considers who did the writing...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
I posted a suggestion for you in the 'What Are You Listening To' section

I'll try and find time to seek it out and listen to it. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts