The Union - Elton John/Leon Russell

matthewpiano

Has anybody else heard this album? The recording is truly AWFUL!! It all sounds terribly compressed and lacking in any life or openess. It is a shame because some of the songs are excellent. Would be interested in anyone else's thoughts.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Well that's just put me off , it was almost bought yesterday when I was in tesco's for paper/rolls but decided to wait till we were actually shopping , won't bother now, Never a big fan of Elt but thought something new by Leon might be interesting.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I just bought this yesterday, partly because of decent reviews and an interest in Leon Russell, and having played a few tracks in the car and then on my hifi, I thought it sounded pretty good.

Sonically, I thought it was okay. Musically, I love the track with Neil Young singing a verse. I didn't get through it all though, the aforementioned track made me want to give Le Noise a blast.

I'll give the Elton&Leon CD another spin tonight, with my ears primed for the "terribly compressed" sounds. You may be right Matthew, and maybe my ears are just too full of wax and Sufjan to notice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts