The top 40 What Hi-Fi? products of all time

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
If you haven't bought the 40th anniversary mag, then we will be counting down our pick of the top 40 products online over the next week or so. First part is up now.

40 for 40

I'm expecting discussion, disagreements and multiple bannings.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Everyone will have their favourites but I'm pleased to see the original Wharfedale Diamonds in there. Probably the first decent speakers I ever owned, and as Ken Kessler once noted, capable of better results than those people heard who only partnered them with similarly-priced anciliaries (and IIRC not exactly an easy ride with a sensitivity of 86dB). While I'm sure the current models are ok in their own way, really they are nothing more than capitalising on a name, like a Toyota Corolla.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am fretting over my answer for the competition, I do like to concur with someone before I answer but I just counted and re-counted three times and then went for it, but I bet I've got it wrong!
regular_smile.gif

jjbomber

gel said:
I am fretting over my answer for the competition, I do like to concur with someone before I answer but I just counted and re-counted three times and then went for it, but I bet I've got it wrong!

i want to change my answer from 5 to 6. I got it wrong as well.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
gel said:

I put flipping 4!
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
jjbomber said:
gel said:

I put flipping 4!
I got confused with the advertising! I thought 5 first time too.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have just re-counted and I counted 5, perhaps you're right.

torikoos

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I have to throw this epic cassette deck in the race. It lifted the humble compact cassette to heights no one thought possible. (Nakamichi had a knack for that I guess). The later CR7E bettered it to a degree, but didn't become as famous as the Dragon. Perhaps it was the name..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts