The severe lack of a £1,000 - £1,500 wireless DAC...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Cheap options. Buy a wireless netbook, connect to dac via USB. £200 ish? Or buy a squeezebox duet/touch 2nd hand, bypass the internal dac - coax to stand alone dac £150/200 ish.

you'll have to run an app or Logitech media server, but not really a big deal and you don't restrict your dac choice.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Walkzinho said:
The_Lhc said:
Ok, Now we've got a firm grasp of the obvious; current hi-fi terminology suggests that a streaming device is one that connects to a NAS drive over a network.

There's no specific requirement for a NAS in order to stream, in your case the laptop is acting as the streamer. My point is that your aversion to streamers isn't logical as you're simply doing the same thing with a laptop rather than a device specifically designed for it.

Sorry, I was trying to be funny with my post, all it did was sound stupid.

My logic is as follows. As my original post stated, to my knowledge there there isnt a decent £1k and above DAC with bluetooth option. I require bluetooth as most high-end streaming boxes (think Naim, Cyrus etc) require you to use an app on an ipad/pod/phone to control them. I want to continue to use itunes as it was intended as i sit at my desk a lot, im already cluttered with paperwork so to have my ipad on hand all the time just to change the track sounds silly when I have all the controls for itunes at my fingertips on my Macbook. Someone has just informed me of the Linn product above, im now going to investigate.

If it's simply 'above £1k' then the qbd76 is a rather nice option. It is over the budget of your thread title tho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts