The Outlaw System Update!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
plastic penguin said:
Mr. Outlaw - really smart little Rega set-up you have. Those holiday speakers look familiar.

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

This is the second one Mr. PP... ;)

But thanks just the same ! 8)

:cheers:

Second what? Whoosh!

BTW, the Dyns are lovely... shame about the colour. Sorry but white on anything: sunglasses, cars, speakers looks cheap.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
plastic penguin said:
Mr. Outlaw - really smart little Rega set-up you have. Those holiday speakers look familiar.

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

This is the second one Mr. PP... ;)

But thanks just the same ! 8)

Second what? Whoosh!

BTW, the Dyns are lovely... shame about the colour. Sorry but white on anything: sunglasses, cars, speakers looks cheap.

Not this white, is a piano lacquered very well finished, very elegant ! 8)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
What does "This is the second one Mr. PP." mean? Sorry totally lost me there.

His second system. The one in his signature under 'Bedroom' and photographed on the previous page - post #8 - at his holiday gaff. (NAD 3020i + MA RS1s etc.)

Hadn't taken much notice of your sig. Apologies. Those little RS1s were good speakers - a mini version of my speakers.

Still not taken by white speakers. Last year I dem'd a pair MA GX100 (MAs are generally beautifully finished) and white looked hidious. Probably my age but I prefer traditional wood effect finishes - although piano gloss black is quite nice.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Hadn't taken much notice of your sig. Apologies. Those little RS1s were good speakers - a mini version of my speakers.

Still not taken by white speakers. Last year I dem'd a pair MA GX100 (MAs are generally beautifully finished) and white looked hidious. Probably my age but I prefer traditional wood effect finishes - although piano gloss black is quite nice.

Regardering the wood finish Iknow exactly what you are saying!

For me it had to be mohogany finish speakers, if didn't had that finishing it was not a loud speaker.

But life change, as we do some times, and after my divorce i had to start over from scratch, and IKEA was my starting point and my favourit colour of their furniture is black/brown, my living room walls are painted in light grey, and the ceiling is dark grey.

With the Dyns I had two choices, black ash or White piano, i didn't like the wood finishing in the Excite range and the white look very cool with the decor... 8)

Before the Dyns I had MA B4 ( didn't had the cash for yours RS6 at the time ;) )

Last year I got this RS1 on ebay for £100 near mint and the NAD 3020i for £50.

For £150 I have a nice second system, they do a nice mariage...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

His second system. The one in his signature under 'Bedroom' and photographed on the previous page - post #8 - at his holiday gaff. (NAD 3020i + MA RS1s etc.)

Spot ON Mr. Chebby ! 8)

Not quite.

I missed the fact that your MA RS1 is a rather singular loudspeaker.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

Spot ON Mr. Chebby ! 8)

Not quite.

I missed the fact that your MA RS1 is a rather singular loudspeaker.

Why...? :?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
As I don't like stands for read channels, and with kids at home i think it's a question of thime that some of them bump into the stand seating behind the sofa... :?

so had to pull a pratical and working positioning to the rear channels, and came out this way...

The right channel is on the bookshelf, the cable goes all around the fire place, around the balcony door and behind the bookshelfs...

The left channel whas quite easy, just bought a shelf from Ikea and the cable doesn't have to travel far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts