The new vinyl resurgence, why now?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll quote myself from a couple of weeks back, ;-)

luckylion100 said:
As for the vinyl resurgence I visited the local HMV today and after browsing the vinyl albums thought I'd have a laugh and looked at their selection of 'turntables'... if one thing alone kills of this current resurgence it will be people expecting any kind of quality replay with these pieces of plastic junk. It was quite shocking especially the build quality. Pictures are one thing, go and get tactile with one and have a giggle! ;-)

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
luckylion100 said:

luckylion100 said:
As for the vinyl resurgence I visited the local HMV today and after browsing the vinyl albums thought I'd have a laugh and looked at their selection of 'turntables'... if one thing alone kills of this current resurgence it will be people expecting any kind of quality replay with these pieces of plastic junk. It was quite shocking especially the build quality. Pictures are one thing, go and get tactile with one and have a giggle! ;-)

One does not really buy TTs in places like HMV. HMV is not a hifi chain. I mean generally...on the other hand it's true that (even if) they should stock good quality TTs instead of the "crappy" ones...

stereoman said:
luckylion100 said:

luckylion100 said:

One does not really buy TTs in places like HMV. HMV is not a hifi chain. I mean generally...on the other hand it's true that (even if) they should stock good quality TTs instead of the "crappy" ones...

I think luckylion100 made that quite clear....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts