The New Rega *Apollo* Release date?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im looking forward to the release of the new rega apollo, does anyone have any idea when its planned release date is?

I have been informed it will be half size to match the new brio and continue to be a top loader, i'm hoping they will keep it under £500 in-line with the brio aswell..does anyone know what the r.r.p will be on the new player once its released?

i am also looking forward to the new marantz cd6004 release, although i think there will be one clear winner it will be nice to get a alternative to demo in case the apollo is over my £500 budget..

am i right in thinking the marantz is released @ the end of september?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, Marantz CD6004 CD player and PM6004 amplifier both due by end of September. We have review of both in our next issue - on sale September 21 (with subscribers slightly earlier).

I'll need to check latest on the Rega - any new Apollo is an exciting thing we want to see and hear ASAP, especially with Rega on such fine form at the moment

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
THESTIG08 said:
I have been informed it will be half size to match the new brio and continue to be a top loader, i'm hoping they will keep it under £500 in-line with the brio aswell..does anyone know what the r.r.p will be on the new player once its released?

I think you might be disappointed on the price. The 'old' Apollo was originally £598. (That was a few years ago and before Rega significantly dropped the prices of the Apollo and Saturn.)

I could be wrong though.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Actually, IIRC, the Apollo originally started below £500, was then subject to a price rise of approximately £100, and then a price cut back to nearer the original selling price.

You are right.

The Apollo was launched in late 2005 and, yes, it was £498 then. By the time WHF awarded it 'CD Player of the year' (for 2007) it was quoted as costing £600. I certainly remember my friend's one costing £598 a few years ago.

Given all that, I don't think Rega will be able to launch the new Apollo-R at a late 2005 price. (To match the price of the new Brio-R as STIG08 would like.)

If they can launch it for £500 with the higher VAT rate and much higher component prices nowadays (and without a drop in standard) that will be brilliant.

A

Anonymous

8) Thanks clare, i will pick up a copy on the 22nd, would you say marantz have bettered themselves with this latest cdp or are you sworn to secrecy? :shhh:

Fingers crossed that rega price it right..they could pick up the what hi-fi Best CD player up to £500, Awards 2011/12

over £500 and i may have to sell a kidney :doh:

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Rega are unveiling the Apollo-R CD player at the Manchester Entertainment show at the end of October: http://www.manchestershow.co.uk/news_detail.lasso?newsid=3391

I'm pleased to see that the projected retail price is £548. With the RRP of the Brio-R substantially higher than the original RRP of the Brio 3, I was expecting the RRP of the Apollo-R to see a similar hike over the existing model.

Whilst I'm not in the market for a new CD player, I am looking forward to seeing and hearing the new Apollo-R.

As we're on the subject of Rega updates, does anyone have any further news about when we may see the new Mira amplifier?

A

Anonymous

I am in 2 minds as to wheather i should hold fire and get the rega apollo-r cd player or simply purchase the rega dac and use my pioneer BD player as a transport, i have also looked at the audiolab dac (which looks superb & has a remote)but have been told it can sound a bit lean.

anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts