the nest upgrade path?

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

im now looking to the future and would like to know what my next upgrade should be on my hifi system ive recently got new speakers and cable so im planing keeping my speakers for a long time, so really if i was to upgrade my amp or cd player what would be the first to upgrade out of them?

monitor audio rs1's

nad c320bee amp

nad c521 cd player

cheers

A

Anonymous

This is just a hunch, but I would listen to some new CDPs to see what gains you make. Have you thought about adding a small sub to the system and tuning it to give you that glorious low 20Hz bass? I wouldn't part with mine paired with my RS1s!

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

my problem is im very short on space , so you think my amp should be ok for now , what cd players would you suggest that would match my amp and speakers well?

my budget is about £350

cheers

A

Anonymous

Apologies to confuse things but I thought your amp was a different one. If you have 350 to spend (plus proceeds from selling any kit), perhaps you could look at other amps in the NAD range. Maybe I should leave this advice to someone that knows your amp more intimately. Cheers...

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

so i should proberly look at my amp for the next upgrade?

would the c352ct amp be a big improvement or should i look at different makes ?

thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
There's no problem with the NAD C320BEE amp - we still rate it as a great five-star, budget buy - so I'd look at upgrading the CD player.

If you want to stick with NAD, there's the new £165 C515BEE CD player (tested in the Feb 08 issue of WHF?SV on sale Jan 10), or further up the price scale you might consider the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v2.0 (£250) or Pioneer PD-D6-J (£350).

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Andy, the C320BEE is a super amp for its price and will suit the RS1's down to a tee

I'd leave the amp alone and look to upgrade to the NAD C515 CD player or the C542 (if you want to spend that much)

If you go for the C515 CD Player then i'd always use the rest of the budget to upgrade your speaker stands (i dont think you've mentioned what they are) and maybe the interconnects.

You'll be surprised what difference is made when you change speakers stands from one pair to another.

With my B&W 602 S3's i went from Atacama Nexus 6's to Nexus 5's (both loaded with Atabites) and the shorter Nexus 5's sounded so much better with better bass response from the speakers. I then went to Drednaughts and let them settle but didnt like these at all, could never put my finger on what was wrong. Then went back to Atacama but went for the SE24's and again mass loaded these with 8kg of atabites in each stand and they sounded superb. I will never part with them as long as i have the B&W 602 S3's!

A

Anonymous

Same question, different equipment.
Having just bought my speakers - and loving them, i will want to keep these, not looking straight away to change cd or amp as new cables and stands will come first, but what would you recommend to change first, i suspect the amp.
By mid to end of year will have £750 to spend any suggestions/brands?

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]I agree with Andy, the C320BEE is a super amp for its price and will suit the RS1's down to a tee

I'd leave the amp alone and look to upgrade to the NAD C515 CD player or the C542 (if you want to spend that much)
If you go for the C515 CD Player then i'd always use the rest of the budget to upgrade your speaker stands (i dont think you've mentioned what they are) and maybe the interconnects.
You'll be surprised what difference is made when you change speakers stands from one pair to another.
With my B&W 602 S3's i went from Atacama Nexus 6's to Nexus 5's (both loaded with Atabites) and the shorter Nexus 5's sounded so much better with better bass response from the speakers. I then went to Drednaughts and let them settle but didnt like these at all, could never put my finger on what was wrong. Then went back to Atacama but went for the SE24's and again mass loaded these with 8kg of atabites in each stand and they sounded superb. I will never part with them as long as i have the B&W 602 S3's![/quote]

ok cheers

so if i upgraded to perhaps the c542bee or c515bee cd player do you think it would make a difference from my c521bee?

also for cables and stands im happy with what ive got all my interconnects are good and my stands are atacamas which im happy with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts