The LG 65 E6 Stand.

jabirugpa

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
My new 65" LG OLED arrived yesterday and was soon in place and connected, but I am concerned at the quality of the stand which seems very flexible. The top of the screen moves easily a couple of inches.

Are the stands for this model all like this?

D

Deleted member 2457

jabirugpa said:
My new 65" LG OLED arrived yesterday and was soon in place and connected, but I am concerned at the quality of the stand which seems very flexible. The top of the screen moves easily a couple of inches.

Are the stands for this model all like this?
Think so. You have to be careful putting in the HDMI cables, I guess you screwed it all together they way it was suppose to be done laying flat and then putting the stand on? The B model does have a smaller stand and very similar picture quality if not identical or a little brighter.

D

Deleted member 2457

What do you mean by the screen moves? It shouldn't unless you touch it.

jabirugpa

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Gel, and yes I did assemble the stand on the E6 with the four M4 bolts supplied. It is only when you touch the stand that the screen wobbles, but of course it does need dusting from time to time and I can't help thinking that in time this slightly flexible stand joint is going to wear.

The top of my screen moves about a couple of inches when touched - I think you had one of these models, did yours move this much? If this is common to all E6s, I suppose that LG must be confident that the stand joint is secure.

On another topic, the out of the box picture is quite poor and so would benefit from calibration. I live in East Anglia, can anyone recommend a good professional calibrator that covers my area?

Thanks again for the help.

D

Deleted member 2457

jabirugpa said:
Thanks for the replies, Gel, and yes I did assemble the stand on the E6 with the four M4 bolts supplied. It is only when you touch the stand that the screen wobbles, but of course it does need dusting from time to time and I can't help thinking that in time this slightly flexible stand joint is going to wear.

The top of my screen moves about a couple of inches when touched - I think you had one of these models, did yours move this much? If this is common to all E6s, I suppose that LG must be confident that the stand joint is secure.

On another topic, the out of the box picture is quite poor and so would benefit from calibration. I live in East Anglia, can anyone recommend a good professional calibrator that covers my area?

Thanks again for the help.
Canary Jules would be the man to calibrate it. The screen is fine don't worry about it.

D

Deleted member 2457

jabirugpa said:
Thanks again, Gel, the info. is much appreciated.
thumbs_up.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts