The Hi Fi revolution

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Breeder:
Am I the only person wondering how a 15 year old can afford to be buying all this expensive hifi etc all the time?

Maybe his family is very rich? (Mentioned his uncle has a private airfield so I guess he is not from the local council estate!) He is also allowed to drive despite being 15. That takes some 'grease'.

Statistically there is bound to be at least one of us who is actually wealthy.

Messiah

Breeder:
Am I the only person wondering how a 15 year old can afford to be buying all this expensive hifi etc all the time?

Who said he bought it!
emotion-4.gif

It also helps when you are winning gear in magazine competitions!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Breeder:

I'll have you know he works dmaned hard.

At a number of things.

Quite the lil rennaissance man.

So they say.

And by "they", i mean...er..."he". And by "say" i mean "says", natch.

A

Anonymous

Ah that would explain it. Quite the entrepeneur although perhaps not surprsing since Richard Branson is one of his many distinguished acquaintances.

Octopo:I believe he has a Burberry stall on the market.

A

Anonymous

You guys crack me up!
emotion-2.gif

I work in a music shop which is how I get most of my money, plus I'm the singer for a jazz band which brings in plenty of cash from time to time. Okay, I do go to a private school, but that's about it that makes me any better off than anyone else I'm mates with (as far as I can tell, all private school kids - me being an exception! - are either communists or neo-facists which I've talked about before on here!) and reading the BNP Membership List was very, very interesting!!! I live in a three bed house on an estate in the south-east! Okay, my parents have a few nice cars (Jag Mark X, Rover P5, Lotus Excel) but they're not expensive or pretentious or anything...

A couple infact have mountain bikes WAY more expensive that all my hi-fi stuff put together!!! I mean WAY more expensive! One of them has this "Orange" bike which, apparently, fetches nearly £10,000! I did once ask him why he needed such an expensive bike and then thought "hmm, that's a bit rich coming from the guy who spends all his cash on a stereo!"

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:
You guys crack me up!
emotion-2.gif

I work in a music shop which is how I get most of my money, plus I'm the singer for a jazz band which brings in plenty of cash from time to time. Okay, I do go to a private school, but that's about it that makes me any better off than anyone else I'm mates with (as far as I can tell, all private school kids - me being an exception! - are either communists or neo-facists which I've talked about before on here!) and reading the BNP Membership List was very, very interesting!!! I live in a three bed house on an estate in the south-east! Okay, my parents have a few nice cars (Jag Mark X, Rover P5, Lotus Excel) but they're not expensive or pretentious or anything...

A couple infact have mountain bikes WAY more expensive that all my hi-fi stuff put together!!! I mean WAY more expensive! One of them has this "Orange" bike which, apparently, fetches nearly £10,000! I did once ask him why he needed such an expensive bike and then thought "hmm, that's a bit rich coming from the guy who spends all his cash on a stereo!"

You crack me up Hughes!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:
plus I'm the singer for a jazz band which brings in plenty of cash from time to time. al7478:Breeder:Am I the only person wondering how a 15 year old can afford to be buying all this expensive hifi etc all the time?

I'll have you know he works dmaned hard.

At a number of things. * EDIT

Quite the lil rennaissance man.

So they say.

And by "they", i mean...er..."he". And by "say" i mean "says", natch.

* EDIT - now an even bigger number of things, aparently.

Last i heard, you lived off photography.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
al7478:

Nah, he mentioned his career as Harry Potter meets Harry Connick, Jr. before...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
al7478:

Nah, he mentioned his career as Harry Potter meets Harry Connick, Jr. before...

Ah, must have missed it. Cheers.

Did'nt think there was much call for sopranos in jazz tho?

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:
You guys crack me up!
emotion-2.gif

I'm not sure who is on the crack around here...
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
al7478:

Only when it comes to saxophones. And anyway sopranos are girls, surely. He must be a treble, which is what I sometimes feel I have just drunk as each new tale of lion-taming, polar exploration and general meaning of life discovery unfolds.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:al7478:

Only when it comes to saxophones. And anyway sopranos are girls, surely. He must be a treble, which is what I sometimes feel I have just drunk as each new tale of lion-taming, polar exploration and general meaning of life discovery unfolds.

Ah, don't you just love it!

- Dunno what I'm quite writing at the moment, lots of champagne and lots of "Caravan" mix in this very, very odd way...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:al7478:

No reply to that, just roflmao lol!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Tony_R:
Andrew Everard:This, probably.

Andrew, I think you have too much time on your hands lol!!
emotion-5.gif

Maybe he just has too many hands...

Now, unrelatedly, i have just seen angela rippon refer to someone as gene kelly personified. But, er, please sir, surely gene kelly is/was gene kelly personified...?

A

Anonymous

chebby:Hughes123: Dunno what I'm quite writing at the moment, lots of champagne and lots of "Caravan" mix in this very, very odd way...

Land of Grey & Pink Champagne?

Yeh, something like that, good album we ll done aswell - this genesis one where he mowwws the grass is really phycadelic too.....................................

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The spelling is getting a bit sykerdelicatessen, too. Must be all that champagne you are drinking, j'accuse...

(Thinks - you couldn't make this up...)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Soprano boys and Champagne, Gene Kelly, public school, glass coffee tables, copies of Razzle, free KEFs from editors of dodgy magazines, psychedelic wallpaper, unexplained wealth...?

All sounding a tad weird.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Soprano boys and Champagne, Gene Kelly, public school, glass coffee tables, copies of Razzle, free KEFs from editors of dodgy magazines, psychedelic wallpaper, unexplained wealth...?

...Jumpers for goalposts, hmmm...

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
chebby:Soprano boys and Champagne, Gene Kelly, public school, glass coffee tables, copies of Razzle, free KEFs from editors of dodgy magazines, psychedelic wallpaper, unexplained wealth...?

...Jumpers for goalposts, hmmm...

From Hi Fi revolution to football in 5 pages of posts (sorry I couldn't be asked to count 'em).

Classic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts