The GT60 Review!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
AV forum reviews are mostly read by AV affectionados who do a lot of research prior to purchase. They loved the design. What Hi Fi is read by a wider consumer base, which may be the reason.

I do note, however that GT60 is similar in design to the GT50, & What Hi Fi loved the GT50 design, and have listed it as a positive. The goal posts seem to have changed in 12 months, presumably because other models are significantly more stylish.

So you think when WHF write they are trying to appeal to the greater audience? Personally I think they should be trying to appeal to their fanbase - us!
smiley-smile.gif

And given the 'hideous' competition, I would like to know what the comment was based on?
smiley-smile.gif

To jump to another thread it did have a touch of Stuff mag about it!

I don't know to be honest. It may be that the team that reviewed the GT50 were different to the GT60 reviewers. Design and style is a personal preference & subjective opinion. I don't think WHF ever tried to appeal to their fanbase, otherwise I would've expected the Oppo to get 5 stars. I've never seen WHF bow to popular choice.

I don't know throughout WHF's history I think they have tried to cater for the home cinema enthusiast, such as when they did a mag on it. And the WHF team loved the Pioneers! And knew at the time they were much loved too. And they really liked the GT50 like you said and the GT60 is arguably better looking!

D

Deleted member 2457

I know the WHF team has a lot of new reviewers perhaps that is where the new views are coming from? :?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Out of interest, how many stars did the GT60 get?

It is the 42inch that has been on the website for ages, I don't think they were comparing against the designs in this months mag. Perhaps throughout the year, yes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts