The end of LOST - Spoiler Alert!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

JamesOK:

Could someone explain to me what on earth happened! Was the Island a real place? Was all that stuff about the light actually real or not?

My interpretation is that everything that occured on the island - the initial plane crash, the Oceanic Six leaving and returning, the plane taking off at the end, plus all of the flashbacks really happened.

The parallel storyline which ran throughout the final season (where the plane didn't crash) was essentially all the characters living in a state of purgatory/limbo after they had died - some of them who had died on the island and others who had died years later. Desmond's job seemed to be to bring them together in order to get them to remember their time on the island (I'm not sure if he was meant to be some sort of spirit guide or not). after which they all met up in the church to accept their fate and 'move on' as a group to the afterlife. Presumably Ben stayed outside the church because he felt guilty for all of his actions and wasn't ready to move on.

If you can, I would say go back and watch the last 20 minutes again, in particular the scene where Jack meets his father - it certainly makes a lot more sense the second time round!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Brian123:JamesOK:

Could someone explain to me what on earth happened! Was the Island a real place? Was all that stuff about the light actually real or not?

My interpretation is that everything that occured on the island - the initial plane crash, the Oceanic Six leaving and returning, the plane taking off at the end, plus all of the flashbacks really happened.

The parallel storyline which ran throughout the final season (where the plane didn't crash) was essentially all the characters living in a state of purgatory/limbo after they had died - some of them who had died on the island and others who had died years later. Desmond's job seemed to be to bring them together in order to get them to remember their time on the island (I'm not sure if he was meant to be some sort of spirit guide or not). after which they all met up in the church to accept their fate and 'move on' as a group to the afterlife. Presumably Ben stayed outside the church because he felt guilty for all of his actions and wasn't ready to move on.

If you can, I would say go back and watch the last 20 minutes again, in particular the scene where Jack meets his father - it certainly makes a lot more sense the second time round!

Thanks Brian, I think it makes more sense after your explanation. Admittedly I am not sure whether I have the energy to watch any of it again! I am pretty much of the opinion I've wasted valuable hours of my life watching lost for the ending we eventually had!

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Brian has it spot on. Thats all anyone needs to know. lol. This was my favouirte tv series of all time, but also my most hated ending. But i knew it would end rubbish. There was no way to come up with an amazing ending with all the stuff they made up along the way. What annoys me the most is when the first couple of series was about, the writers confirmed LOST wasnt about purgatory. What happend? ... oh yeah they didnt know where they were going with it, so came up with purgatory as a side story. Liars!

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Oh and the reason why Michael wasnt in the church at the end was because the whole sideline/purgatory story was about letting go. But Michael could never let go and forgive himself for what he did on the island, so will probably be in purgatory for a very long time, if not forever.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts