The end of LOST - Spoiler Alert!!!!!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Well after 6 years it's finaly finished and after getting up at 5am to watch it I can't but help fealing somewhat cheated by how it was finished, alomost as if the writers didn't really know where the story was going at all and this was the only way of ending it! Gutted!!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Have just added a Spoiler Alert flash, in case people haven't watched yet....

But yes, the Ashes to Ashes and Lost finales were essentially similar, except for the excellent difference that in good-old Blighty, the pub is the staging post to the afterlife, whereas in never-quite-lost-that-Puritan-streak America, it's a church
emotion-2.gif

I thought Lost wrapped up reasonably well - it certainly pressed my 'blub' buttons - but I still have lots of questions, mostly re exactly when the reality/limbo crossover happened. And what happened to Walt. And Michael. And the polar bear....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, there was a dodgy moment at the beginning - when they were obviously juggling UK vs US advert breaks - when they had to run a 'Technical Fault' message and some music. I was watching slightly later (i'm not quite mad enough to get up at 5am, even with jetlag), so just fast-forwarded that bit. Not sure how much was, er, lost
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I watched the 1st series, then i got all 'Lost' so stopped watching. But i recorded it this morning so will watch it later. But it sounds like nothing has changed!
emotion-11.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:
?

If a man could pass through Paradise in a dream, and have a flower presented to him as a pledge that his soul had really been there, and if he found that flower in his hand when he awake - Aye, what then?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
laserman16:He looks harmless......

Well, he has been dead for almost 205 years, so you probably don't get much more harmless than that. Mind you, having his ship shrunk and put in a bottle might have him spinning in his

Nelson_Chamber_web.jpg

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Personally...I think the writers got lost and didnt know what to write after the 1st series......Haluciogenic drugs are obviously a very big reality for US script writers..........

Ive not seen 5 years worth of lost......but even after catching the tail end of the finale...still managed to work out and fill the gaps in for myself for the last 5 years "I LOST", and by god i think I would have if I had watched it religiously.

Now Flashfoward on the other hand is a different kettle of fish lol ;-)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

Have just added a Spoiler Alert flash, in case people haven't watched yet....

But yes, the Ashes to Ashes and Lost finales were essentially similar, except for the excellent difference that in good-old Blighty, the pub is the staging post to the afterlife, whereas in never-quite-lost-that-Puritan-streak America, it's a church
emotion-2.gif

I thought Lost wrapped up reasonably well - it certainly pressed my 'blub' buttons - but I still have lots of questions, mostly re exactly when the reality/limbo crossover happened. And what happened to Walt. And Michael. And the polar bear....

Dam clare,

I havene last two episodes of A2A yet........should have has a Spoiler Alert for that as well ;-)

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
No idea why folk wasted time watching this drivel ? As slow as a week in the jail, as the saying goes. lol

I started to watch 'Invasion' .. now it too seems slowish BUT it is or seems to me anyway.. as though it's a lot better made with better acting to boot.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Spoiler al - oh, a bit late now...

They (sob) shot the Quattro...

1747502b4bli.jpg

(The white light is its spirit leaving the body and returning to heaven/hell/Ingolstadt)

A

Anonymous

Alantiggger:

I started to watch 'Invasion' .. now it too seems slowish BUT it is or seems to me anyway.. as though it's a lot better made with better acting to boot.

Who cares

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

but I still have lots of questions, mostly re exactly when the reality/limbo crossover happened. And what happened to Walt. And Michael. And the polar bear....

But was there a reality to any of it? the way I got the ending was that everyone died when the plane crashed and everything else was "the journey to the other side", so the title "LOST" pointing to the fact the Jack was a lost soul and he eventually "let go" and found his way.

John Duncan

D.J.KRIME:Clare Newsome:

but I still have lots of questions, mostly re exactly when the reality/limbo crossover happened. And what happened to Walt. And Michael. And the polar bear....

But was there a reality to any of it? the way I got the ending was that everyone died when the plane crashed and everything else was "the journey to the other side", so the title "LOST" pointing to the fact the Jack was a lost soul and he eventually "let go" and found his way.

Thanks DJ, saves me watching it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
nah, they survived the crash. The 'journey' was after their deaths - whether on the island or years afterwards" :the parallel universe they had to navigate and achieve closure, before they could 'move on'. Or somesuch Californian psycho-babble
emotion-41.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:The 'journey' was after their deaths - whether on the island or years afterwards" :the parallel universe they had to navigate and achieve closure, before they could 'move on'.

cf Fenchurch East...

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Could someone explain to me what on earth happened! Was the Island a real place? Was all that stuff about the light actually real or not?

I am currently regretting spending countless hours of my life watching Lost for the past few years to be given some kind of religious drivvle at the end of it...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts