The day the music died?

A

Anonymous

Oh My God! The Book of Revelation mentioned nothing about these two?

scene

Isn't there someone you can contact to get this video taken down of youtube?
emotion-41.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
That.. was....

TOTALLY AWESOME DUDE!!!! I love it!

I especially love it where they keep forgetting the words to the penultimate line of every verse! Not the car crash I was expecting though, Vanilla Ice himself obviously lending a touch of class to the proceedings.

Err, yes, I DID just say that, Vanilla Ice, touch of class, no I'm not imagining things...

Seriously though, I actually quite liked the way they cut the Under Pressure chorus between the verses, fills the track out nicely. Zero original content obviously but hey if it gets one kid looking for the original track then it's a good thing.

Maybe.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
I am surprised that theyre insisting on floggin what is basically a fairly untalented horse. I thought they may hang around and get on to Kids TV or something, but hoped their last X FACtor performance would be their last.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
That's simple enough to explain. Publicity. As long as their in the public eye they'll try it on. I can't see them working as presenters, someone described them as the new Ant and Dec. Not a chance, they just don't have the speaking skills to do it. This is their ONLY chance to make any cash, so they need to pump it for all it's worth.

It'll be over soon, don't worry.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:You've got to admire their ability to completely ignore all the hate and **** people send their way, and still go out on stage and behave like fools.
Brilliant!

Joking aside, it was brilliant, very well stage-managed, very very funny (not sure that was intentional or not) and just entertaining.

It is serious music? Of course not, it's a laugh but then personally I'm of the opinion that neither Queen nor David Bowie should be taken too seriously, as great as some of their music is, which is perhaps why I don't find this as "offensive" as some people seem to.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:
That's simple enough to explain. Publicity. As long as their in the public eye they'll try it on. I can't see them working as presenters, someone described them as the new Ant and Dec. Not a chance, they just don't have the speaking skills to do it. This is their ONLY chance to make any cash, so they need to pump it for all it's worth.

It'll be over soon, don't worry.

Yep fair point. I guess I always regard TV presenting as being something anyone could do. Thats probably because the people who can do it, make it look so easy! Considering those idiots can barely say anything without the word "awesome" or "cool" somewhere in the sentence I guess they may not suitable for that job...

Although fair play to them for cashing in while they can.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
When they're answering questions they talk so fast and over the top of each, that you can't understand a word of it. When given something simple to read they make a mess of it, it would never work. Ant and Dec make it look too easy, which is why people think anyone can do it.

matthewpiano

the_lhc:When they're answering questions they talk so fast and over the top of each, that you can't understand a word of it. When given something simple to read they make a mess of it, it would never work. Ant and Dec make it look too easy, which is why people think anyone can do it.

Ant and Dec, Philip Schofield, Fearne Cotton, Cat Deeley, Ben Shepherd, Holly Willoughby - they all make it look so easy because they are so good at it. I'd say it was easier to muck it up than do it well.

As for the music dying - it always lives on. The general public have never had much critical gravitas and the acts that appear on prime time mainstream TV are no indication of where music is at. Music is alive and well. There are some great musicians and composers/songwriters out there in all genres and some stunning music being made all over the world. Jedward are just a very miniscule scratch in the dust.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:the_lhc:When they're answering questions they talk so fast and over the top of each, that you can't understand a word of it. When given something simple to read they make a mess of it, it would never work. Ant and Dec make it look too easy, which is why people think anyone can do it.

Ant and Dec, Philip Schofield, Fearne Cotton, Cat Deeley, Ben Shepherd, Holly Willoughby - they all make it look so easy because they are so good at it.

Well yes, that was kind of my point! I was with you until Fearne Cotton though, if you ask me she's everything that's wrong with the latest crop of TV presenters. All fluff, no substance, and nothing actually worth saying.

Also, and I appreciate I'm probably alone on this one but does anyone else think there's something wrong with Holly Willoughby? Looks good, sure, seems to do that job (although "over to the judges for their thoughts" every ten minutes isn't exactly taxing...) but there's just..something wrong... I can't put my finger on it exactly it just feels like there's no light or life behind those eyes, I find her quite disturbing to watch.

As for the music dying - it always lives on. The general public have never had much critical gravitas and the acts that appear on prime time mainstream TV are no indication of where music is at. Music is alive and well. There are some great musicians and composers/songwriters out there in all genres and some stunning music being made all over the world. Jedward are just a very miniscule scratch in the dust.

Sometimes TV can spring a surprise, a couple of years back I was off ill and idly flicking through daytime TV when one of those BBC property shows came on and much to my surprise all the background music was Medeski, Martin and Wood! And then the other day I was watching Eurosport, I think it was the snooker and every time they cut to a page of results, again the background music was MMW. It would be nice to think that someone watching either of those might have had their interest piqued enough to find out what it was, probably not though.

matthewpiano:the_lhc:When they're answering questions they talk so fast and over the top of each, that you can't understand a word of it. When given something simple to read they make a mess of it, it would never work. Ant and Dec make it look too easy, which is why people think anyone can do it.
Ant and Dec, Philip Schofield, Fearne Cotton, Cat Deeley, Ben Shepherd, Holly Willoughby - they all make it look so easy because they are so good at it. I'd say it was easier to muck it up than do it well. As for the music dying - it always lives on. The general public have never had much critical gravitas and the acts that appear on prime time mainstream TV are no indication of where music is at. Music is alive and well. There are some great musicians and composers/songwriters out there in all genres and some stunning music being made all over the world. Jedward are just a very miniscule scratch in the dust.

A couple of idiots with hairstyles influenced by the Simpsons, and probably being paid millions.....
emotion-12.gif

Gripe over.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:matthewpiano:Jedward are just a very miniscule scratch in the dust.

A couple of idiots with hairstyles influenced by the Simpsons, and probably being paid millions.....
emotion-12.gif

No chance of that, 1) they haven't actually released anything yet and 2) even when they do they're contracted to Simon Cowell, he'll get all the money, they'll get virtually nothing*.

*George Sampson: QED.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:
Well yes, that was kind of my point! I was with you until Fearne Cotton though, if you ask me she's everything that's wrong with the latest crop of TV presenters. All fluff, no substance, and nothing actually worth saying.

I have to agree with you. Its like she says a lot, but doesnt actually say anything. I always remember watching her on the Diana Tribute Concert and marvelling at her interview technique.

"Is this the best day ever"

"Yes"

"Are you having a great time"

"Yes"

"So youre having a great time and its the best day ever"

"Yes"

(OK it wasnt exactly like that).

The next day I read a review in the Guardian of her performance. It was fairly brutal, but I remember it summed her up exactly, pretty much as you described her in the snippet above...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts