The Best Blu Ray Players VS 3D Blu Ray Player?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Would say a pioneer bdp-lx91 blu ray player be better than say a £350-£500 3D blu ray player?

Is it possible to say yet? A guess will do?

Thanks

It's impossible to compare them really. If you have a 3D TV & 3D capable receiver, it only makes sense to buy a 3D blu-ray player. But for 2D blu-rays, the LX91 will be superior. I'm sure there will be a 3D version of the LX91 coming out by this year end or next year.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am guessing all the best blu ray players from now on will be 3D blu ray players, buy best I mean £700+?

Would you think?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Who knows? It depends whether the makers of those more expensive machines think 3D will take off.

Agreed it would seem a sensible precaution, whatever a manufacturer thinks, to make an expensive player 3D-capable, and at least one manufacturer is believed to be holding off on a BD player launch while it sees which way the 3D wind will blow...

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

Who knows? It depends whether the makers of those more expensive machines think 3D will take off.

Agreed it would seem a sensible precaution, whatever a manufacturer thinks, to make an expensive player 3D-capable, and at least one manufacturer is believed to be holding off on a BD player launch while it sees which way the 3D wind will blow...

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Don't know why everyone is so unclear, this one is easy. Gel, Yes, I'm sure that once those 3D BDP's come out, you will feel the bdp-lx91 (or any random Pioneer) is better.

So you have nothing to worry about
emotion-5.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

KevinOK:

Don't know why everyone is so unclear, this one is easy. Gel, Yes, I'm sure that once those 3D BDP's come out, you will feel the bdp-lx91 (or any random Pioneer) is better.

So you have nothing to worry about
emotion-5.gif

emotion-2.gif
I like that, nice one.

A

Anonymous

Cheers. My 2 cents: 3D is nothing more than a gimmick on most movies. It only adds something if a movie is completely geared towards 3D from the start. James Cameron himself had something to say about that recently. And even in Avatar I found the effect amusing, mainly because of the novelty, but I hardly enjoyed the movie more because of it. The unsharpness and those glasses did start to bug me after two hours though.

Bottom line, if you like the LX91 now, why not get it and be happy?

D

Deleted member 2457

KevinOK:

Cheers. My 2 cents: 3D is nothing more than a gimmick on most movies. It only adds something if a movie is completely geared towards 3D from the start. James Cameron himself had something to say about that recently. And even in Avatar I found the effect amusing, mainly because of the novelty, but I hardly enjoyed the movie more because of it. The unsharpness and those glasses did start to bug me after two hours though.

Bottom line, if you like the LX91 now, why not get it and be happy?

I always expected the 91 to drop in price over time and instead it went up, it would have to be one fantastic deal, but I do marvel at the quality of it, which perhaps might not be repeated, who knows.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts