The Audiophile Club of Athens.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
John Duncan said:
lindsayt said:
chebby said:
lindsayt said:
Lost their marbles?

Avid Acutus, SME V, valve amp, big Tannoys. Seems eminently sensible to me. That would be a great system for playing jazz. Wouldn't be quite my choice because I'm into pop and rock and would go for a crisper punchier sound at the possible expense of a bit of detail and imaging.

Yeah, whatever.

JD meant these.

So you think he was only refering to something that happened 200 years ago? You think that would be highly relevant to this thread? You don't think he was making a pun about them seeming not quite right in the head?

Yeah whatever.
Ah but it was *so* much more clever than that. It was both a pun on Athenians losing the Elgin marbles, er, whenever, and a sarcastic comment on the motivation behind Max starting the thread, which was of course to point out just how stupid us audiophiles are. Do keep up.

I thought your 'marbles' were excellent JD. :clap:

Shame that there seems to be nothing that people cannot fall out over and start sniping at each other. :shame:

TRENDING THREADS