Thanks Gerardasnails

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Del Smith:I finally got round to getting a media extender for my network setup and I'm loving the Dacmagic.
What a differnce.
Thanks for the advice.

Glad to hear it Del. Which one did you go for? I was surprised to read the review in the mag of the DMA2200 (which looks on paper the same as mine but with a dvd player included). 2 stars and a bit of a hammering! I suppose that shows either that small differences in spec can make huge differences in performance or that if it works for you, take star ratings with a pinch of salt.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:Del Smith:I finally got round to getting a media extender for my network setup and I'm loving the Dacmagic.
What a differnce.
Thanks for the advice.

Glad to hear it Del. Which one did you go for? I was surprised to read the review in the mag of the DMA2200 (which looks on paper the same as mine but with a dvd player included). 2 stars and a bit of a hammering! I suppose that shows either that small differences in spec can make huge differences in performance or that if it works for you, take star ratings with a pinch of salt.
I went for the D-Link as it was DNLA certified, real pain to set up though as I couldn't get a picture on the tv to do the settings until I did a hard reset.
I looked at the Linksys review as well.
I'm not sure if there is a difference unless they are talking about the internal DACs and features.
All I needed was a method to convert the network data into digital audio with a menu, and it does the job.

I've found that I prefer the linear setting on the Dacmagic filter.

Thanks again, one step closer to HiFi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts