Thank heavens for Richer Sounds...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Was that on The Headrow - a way up from a Virgin Megastore? I spent a single year at Uni in Leeds - great fun but no work done, hence the year going unrepeated.
Yep the little store on the Headrow opposite St John Centre, before they moved to the bigger premises. That store really was like the catalogue used to say "Tiny shops packed floor to ceiling to keep prices low." I've not actually been to the bigger store.

Gray

"Tiny shops packed floor to ceiling to keep prices low."
The London Bridge store famously held the world record for most retail sales value, per square foot.
That record was apparently still held in 2023 - not sure if it still is.

One of my closest branches was Chelmsford - but that actually closed - doubt they've closed many (if any) other branches since 1978.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

The London Bridge store famously held the world record for most retail sales value, per square foot.
That record was apparently still held in 2023 - not sure if it still is.

One of my closest branches was Chelmsford - but that actually closed - doubt they've closed many (if any) other branches since 1978.
Ah real shame it's closed. I use to bunk off school with mates, it was a 20 minutes walk.
I learnt more about the science of audiology than anything that was taught at school.
Mind you I never bunked off at social science. Our forward thinking teacher always taught us sex lessons and I recall sitting next to the girl I fancied and giving her weird glances.

Reactions: Gray

Jasonovich

👍 London Bridge, the original Richer shop - where I bought my HD 590.....longer ago than I care to think about:
View attachment 7494
Nice. You kept them well Gray.
I got my Beyerdynamic Amiron ex-demo on eBay, Focal Elegia replacement. These more suited to tubes. Really great headphones Although rated at 250 ohm, my SingXer head amp has no problem driving them.
Speaking of Richer Sounds, they're selling the Amirons at greatly reduced price.

1000012874.jpgpo

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts