TH-37PX80 Warranties

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting myself a nice new Plasma (TH-37PX80 to be precise). Looking around prices fluctuate a lot ranging from about £575 to £800+. Some of the more expensive ones offering a 5 year warranty (JohnLewis and EmpireDirect specifically). What I was wondering is is a 5 year warranty worth the extra money, or should the technology be mature enough for the manufacturers 12 month warranty to be enough?

Any thoughts appreciates :eek:)

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Simple answer..... ask John Lewis for a price match with "Sound and Vision" in Bolton. Not only will you get the tv at a bargain price, but you get a free 5 year warranty. Lots of people have done the exact same thing.

A

Anonymous

Cool. Will they do a price match online, or would i need to go instore ?

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I think some people phoned, and some asked in store. I think the instore route has been the fastest for some people. Personally I would rather speak to someone over the phone or in person than sending an e-mail.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Just had another thought regarding John Lewis. As JL has been recomended by so many people on these forums, and not to mention the increase in sales they must of had. Surely as a thank you to the forum & members maybe they could donate some "prizes" to give away ?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Panasonc should be offering a 5 year warranty with this set this month anyway. As long as you buy from a physical bricks n mortar shop, that is. its mentioned in this thread: http://whathifi.com/forums/p/10544/66888.aspx#66888 and a few others, i think.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="al7478"]Panasonc should be offering a 5 year warranty with this set this month anyway. As long as you buy from a physical bricks n mortar shop, that is. its mentioned in this thread: http://whathifi.com/forums/p/10544/66888.aspx#66888 and a few others, i think.[/quote]

just realised the above may be irrelevant. sorry. you obviously want the best internet deal you can get WITH the 5 year warranty. ill get me coat.

A

Anonymous

I just got mine yesterday and it was priced matched to S&V's £599. It also came with JLs 5 year warranity. Went in store initially and spoke to someone and they took my details about 4 - 5 days later got a letter saying that they would price match it for me so I rang up the store gave them my card details. 2 days later another letter arrived with reciept etc and all I had to do was go to the collection point. Easy.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="SpiceWeasel"]
Just had another thought regarding John Lewis. As JL has been recomended by so many people on these forums, and not to mention the increase in sales they must of had. Surely as a thank you to the forum & members maybe they could donate some "prizes" to give away ?

[/quote]

I'm sure John Lewis is delighted these Forums are telling people how to 'work' the price-match system
emotion-5.gif

But seriously... We're in discussions with John Lewis - as we are with several retailers - about various possible offers/comps. Watch this space!

TRENDING THREADS