Teufel Connector

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This is aimed at steve_1979 and anyone else who has experience of this unit.

I recall that there were issues where in some circumstances the streamer would 'miss' the opening second or so of individual tracks.

Can anyone put any detail on this? Or even some more up to date info?

PS. I have tried serching for the thread but without luck. Maybe it was in 'another place'...?

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
davedotco said:

I recall that there were issues where in some circumstances the streamer would 'miss' the opening second or so of individual tracks.

PS. I have tried serching for the thread but without luck. Maybe it was in 'another place'...?

Mines never done this. Are we talking on all sources e.g. Spotify / Tidal / Network Stream etc. or just one of the services.
The customer support is pretty responsive if you get nowhere. service@teufel.de
I assume you're running the latest Firmware ?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
brownz said:
davedotco said:

Mines never done this. Are we talking on all sources e.g. Spotify / Tidal / Network Stream etc. or just one of the services.The customer support is pretty responsive if you get nowhere. service@teufel.deI assume you're running the latest Firmware ?

I know that steve_1979 had issues but that was last year, I was looking to clarify what those issues were and what the current position.

My primary aim is to use the Connector as a streamer/preamp for Spotify Connect. I simply want to be able to play albums, playlists and tracks, without issue, controlling my selections from the Spotify app on an iThing and replay volume and other functions using the Teufel app.

I am checking as much as I can before buying the Connector and detailed information is a bit scarce on the website.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:

A Google search on Teufel Decoderstation 5 and Steve's user name shows a couple of links to 'the other place'.

I won't go in to get you the actual URLs (sorry) but they are easily Googled as I just mentioned.

Hopefully they'll be useful.

SiBrighton

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi There

I've had a Connector2 for about 2 years - and it is excellent. The app that goes with it is very stable, and has a large number of music services embedded in it (inc Spotify Connect and Napster). Bizarely (and i guess it'll always be different for different people, and different ears, tastes and systems), but for me Napster sounded more "meaty" than Spotify, so went with that subscription instead.

Have about 800 CDs stored on a NAS (WD something or other). All on FLAC and with wired connection. Never had any dropouts or missed openings to new tracks. It plays Gapless playback.

If considering using it as a pre-amp, then note: if you use the RCA audio out, then the app provides you with volume control. If you use the digital out then I don't think you get volume control.

And finally, I'm pretty sure that you buy off Teufel with an 8 (?) week trial period - so can always return if not your thing.

Hope that helps

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Chebby.

Thank you for that. It appears that I have my wires crossed, the Connector 2 is a different device to the Decoder 5, so steve_1979 may not be able to help.

SiBrighton

Thanks for the input, the information on the Connector2 is a bit light on detail but I would be comfortable with analogue out in the medium term.

That said, I assume the onboard dac is compedent and the analogue output is decent, as an owner, do you have any views on this?

SiBrighton

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi Dave

The DAC seems fine to me. I have a Marantz MCR603 which has digital in, but I'm happy with the sound of the audio out on the Connector2 - so presume that means its fine (speakers are Neat Iotas). Sounds fine to my middle aged ears that have been bashed by too many gigs when I was younger!

Ultimately, having the convenience of remote volume (and bass, mid treble) wins out for me (i.e using the audio out rather than the digital out).

There's quite a few reviews out there - but they are mainly Dutch and German sites. Therefore you need to search on "Connector2 test" (rather than Connector 2 review), and use Google Translate.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
davedotco said:

Sorry Dave I can't help. As you've discovered it was the DecoderStation not the Connector that I had.

Try with confidence though. Teufel were a nice company to deal with and they were very helpful via phone and email. There was no issue getting a replacement product then later a refund when I asked. I would be happy to buy from them again in the future even though the DecoderStation didn't work out for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts