Teddy Pardo PSU for Arcam rDAC

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
oldric_naubhoff said:
acalex said:
Do you have any name to suggest? To be honest I am not aware of any DAC which is feedbackless....

Thanks

the best buy award from me would go to Linnenberg UDC1. drawback is that it's only a USB DAC, however with built in M2Tech asynchronous USB receiver. it stands now at E890 until the end of the year. you can try it out and return if not satisfied.

other companies making feedbackless gear that I'm aware of are: Ayre, Ayon, Pathos, Bergman. I guess this list doesn't exhaust the subject but since such products are niche it's hard to source manufacturers. none of these brands are budget level. I guess you pay for the technology, high quality parts and low numbers production runs. but what you get is a truly hi-fi or even high-end product that's bound to sound great.

if at some point you decide that you want to make listening to music a serious interest you'll start thinking about upgrading. maybe then you'll remember my advice. in the mean time I'd suggest you should read as much as possible about technology around music reproduction, of course if you find such lecture interesting. knowledge helps in making concious decisions.

Hey Oldric, I am actually thinking now seriosly about taking this route next month...before they raise the price of the UDC1 I want to give it a try and close the chapter DAC forever...I mean buying an high-end DAC and forget about updating it anymore...working on amp and speakers only for the future...

The only problem might be linked to the fact that I would like to add a streamer (Sonos or SB Touch or ???) to play through the DAC...and this might be a problem with a USB only DAC because Sonos has not any USB output and SB has only an USB input. There is a turnaround to use this USB has output but it does not work with all the USB DACs...any advice on this? Any other feedbackless worth trying? Or maybe an alternative solution to the SB Touch...my main objective is to be able to play my music even when my pc is off (that's why I am buying a NAS) and to switch songs using a remote control (even better a remote application through iphone/ipad).

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS