TECHNICS SL1200MK2 SOLD NOW LOOKING FOR NEW TURNTABLE

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My beloved technics has been sold now looking for something more upto date, the audiotechnica lp1240 is top of my list at present, but will look around a bit first

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
because id had it for years even though theres nothing wrong with it, when it eventually did go wrong id probably never be able to get it fixed without spending a fortune and i fancied something a bit more mordern

D

Deleted member 108165

audioaddict said:
My beloved technics has been sold now looking for something more upto date, the audiotechnica lp1240 is top of my list at present, but will look around a bit first

You mad fool you *scratch_one-s_head*. Should have sold it to Plastic Penguin as he was looking for a decent Technics deck. Oh well. Okay so it's now gone and you want something more up to date and possibly a smidge superior to the Technics SQ wise, there's only one on the market that fits that bill at the mo and that'll be the Pioneer PLX1000. All of the current crop of direct-drive DJ decks are just Hanpin clones of the real master..... the Technics.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Think it was previously posted that the Pioneer was a side ways step - think you have dropped a clanger here !

What budget have you got and does it have to be direct drive

D

Deleted member 108165

stevebrock said:
Think it was previously posted that the Pioneer was a side ways step - think you have dropped a clanger here !

Agree about the clanger. As with all the Hanpin clone decks the Pioneer is a retrograde step regarding engineering, however, SQ wise it is reported to be slightly better.

DougK said:
stevebrock said:

Agree about the clanger. As with all the Hanpin clone decks the Pioneer is a retrograde step regarding engineering, however, SQ wise it is reported to be slightly better.

A lot is going to depend on what cartridge is eventually fitted. I'm not convinced turntables themselves have a sound quality. :)

D

Deleted member 108165

Al ears said:
A lot is going to depend on what cartridge is eventually fitted. I'm not convinced turntables themselves have a sound quality. :)

Agreed, maybe wrong choice of words. In a straight shoot-out of say a Gyro and a Technics fitted with the same cart I'm sure you would agree that the Gyro would win hands down *yes3*. So just sayin' that with the same cart fitted to the Pioneer and Technics the Pioneer has the edge.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
DougK said:
audioaddict said:

You mad fool you *scratch_one-s_head*. Should have sold it to Plastic Penguin as he was looking for a decent Technics deck. Oh well. Okay so it's now gone and you want something more up to date and possibly a smidge superior to the Technics SQ wise, there's only one on the market that fits that bill at the mo and that'll be the Pioneer PLX1000. All of the current crop of direct-drive DJ decks are just Hanpin clones of the real master..... the Technics.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
yes doug thank you, i think you were the only one who responded with any sense of what i was trying to achieve by selling the technics.....something more uptodate and possible better sound quality and your pioneer plx1000 fit the bill perfectly, especially after the reviews i read on it. for now i will keep the technics but i will keep pondering this as i,m sure even though the technics is bloody good it doesnt mean its perhaps the best or hasnt been matched, thanks anyway.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
No one was putting you down, there are a few people on this section of the forum whose experience can steer you in the right direction and prevent a lot of disappointment.

i presume you are going to stick with the technics ?

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
yes sorry steve it did seem like i was being got at , all i wanted was some advice on the closest thing to my technics and something that would match the rest of my system visually, and when i read something like duh, have you got a big budget, just got to me thats all.................i will be sticking to the technics for the time being until i am sure that i can find the right replacement...........i spoke to two dj shops today who both said the pioneer was the dogs bits, plus a couple of online reviews confirmed this also, but who knows, i,l think about it a bit longer, thanks steve

D

Deleted member 108165

audioaddict said:
yes doug thank you, i think you were the only one who responded with any sense of what i was trying to achieve by selling the technics.....something more uptodate and possible better sound quality and your pioneer plx1000 fit the bill perfectly, especially after the reviews i read on it. for now i will keep the technics but i will keep pondering this as i,m sure even though the technics is bloody good it doesnt mean its perhaps the best or hasnt been matched, thanks anyway.

The Pioneer is really quite a nice deck and I have an inkling that you will eventually end up purchasing one. Out of the current crop of Hanpin produced clones the Pioneer is probably the most hi-fi deck of them all, but that Technics of yours is so open to upgrade mods because of its excellent engineering, which is something that Hanpin produced decks can only dream of.

Good luck with your pondering and if and when it finally happens come back here and tell us all about it *smile*

That you are keeping your 1200.

Before ditching it for something similar, but newer, have some fun with it, maybe try cart upgrade, or maybe even a phono stage upgrade.

i looked for a long time to find one for myself, but all I saw were beat up ex-dj decks. If yours is in good condition, make the most of it. And enjoy.

Newer decks will always be here, the techy is gonna become rarer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts