TEAC AGH600DNT / system 600 receiver/ network NAS support? FLAC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello!

I'm loooking into buying an all-in-one system with WIFI support, budget including speakers ca. £1000, so far top of the list reading through reviews is the TEAC system 600. Is there any users out here who own this system/ the AGH600DNT receiver?

The only thing that I was missing in the spec list. although the smaller system 380 supports this, is network storage support - being able to stream audio from a NAS device. Accordign to TEAC (I called them yesterday) this is implemented now with the latest formware update - can anyone confirm this? Is this possible and how well can one search/ move through directories etc on the TEAC?

Also, does the 600 support FLAC?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
As far as I am aware MP3 and WMA only like mine.I'll check the search facility tonight on mine because looking at the manual ,the setup/software look identical.

I'll also check mine for the latest firmware update.Mine streamed from the off (March 10) but I did e-mail support asking if more formats like FLAC were going to be available however at the time of asking (April/May) the answer was no.

Edit- on mine MP3 are 44.1 or 48kh 320kbps max or WMA 44.1 192kbps max.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dave, please come back with your findings. Out of interest, do you stream from a NAS drive, and if so, which one? I would be interested to know how quick you can select folders/ tracks/ playlists (?) with the remote.

Thanks again.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Second attempt as the laptop went offline just as I was posting...

I use a Readynas Duo although it has been off for the last two weeks because of repeated 30 second power cuts and it takes ages to resync.

Haven't yet put too much on the NAS except the kids music(manually) but the TEAC is pretty quick to react and once you get used to the hierarchy and remote key controls ,it is pretty good. Once on Media Player(streaming), you have shared media/shared folders and then you get artist/genre/album options. Cannot answer on the Playlist front as I have not transferred the kids music via the i-tunes library sync (wifi takes too long).

Functionality on the TEAC is good and I am quite happy with the sound thru the RX1's.

A

Anonymous

That sounds promising. I use a ReadyNAS Duo as well... One more question out of interest, is your TEAC connected via ethernet or wireless network? It would be interesting to know if the performance via the wireless network is sufficient, e.g. no drop outs, pauses during playback etc.

Many thanks!

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
When originally set up the TEAC was 2 rooms away from the router and I used wifi but to be honest I only tested a couple of songs from the kids library( also 2 rooms away but the third point in a triangle of router/TEAC/kids pc if you understand me) It worked but it wasn't a real world test,just a trial. I have since moved my router into the same room as the TEAC and connect through a 1 gig switch in the same cabinet(with the NAS ) so it is fully wired.Only wifi dropouts now experienced are in the kitchen with the Pure Sensia,but that is only usually when the microwave is on full power .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts