TDL RTL3 SE or Tannoy Mercury F4 Speakers ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Always wanted a set of floor standers for my system ( but on a limited budget ) and now have the chance to buy either a second hand pair of rtl3 se's or a new pair of f4's for around the same money (£165-00) . I've read some reviews and they both seem to be rated about the same.People who own tdl's seem to love the strong bass , the four star rating from the what hifi review seems too suggest that the f4's could perform at about the same level . Any advice would be appreciated or alternatives , and any advice on amps as i've heard that the rtl's perform better with 60+ amps (currently using NAD ) , remembering that on a tight budget ( credit crunch , nagging missus etc. etc.), many thanks.

T

the record spot

Consider also the Q Acoustics 1030i or 1050i if you have the room for the latter - a lot of floorstander for the money and both have enjoyed good reviews. £230 or £330 but widely available on a deal (I think HiFix have them for substantially less and including delivery). The 1050i won a speaker of the year award for another title recently too.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Or you could try the TDL RTL 2's for a lot less but some 2nd hand gear is going for silly money at the moment on that well known auction site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts