Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T

A

Anonymous

I audition the 684's a while back and was not that impressed. They sounded rather dull especially at lower volumes, the salesman insisted on turning the volume up to very loud levels even though I told him I generally listen at low or moderate volume levels. These speakers are also enormous.

I have the same amp as you and am waiting for the new range of rega speakers to be released (specifically the Rega RS5), I hear these speakers go particurlarly well with Arcam amps.

I haven't heard the other speakers you mention but I want some that are front ported so I can position near a wall.

A

Anonymous

IMO Tannoy DC6T lack bass, I would go for Mordaunt's but be careful as Mordaunt Mezzo speakers sound a bit bright.

A

Anonymous

Bert Puttocks:
I audition the 684's a while back and was not that impressed. They sounded rather dull especially at lower volumes, the salesman insisted on turning the volume up to very loud levels even though I told him I generally listen at low or moderate volume levels.

What electronics were you using? Were the 684's run in? If you are used to the Rega sound I can see where you're coming from but I certainly didn't find the 684's dull, or anywhere near it for that matter.

I've heard the Tannoys in HT and HF set ups and much preferred them as HT with a sub as mentioned above. They are great speakers but they are a little wanting bass wise.

Out of your choice I would go for the 684's or the MA but the conflicting opinions here show you should simply go and test the speakers yourself. You may find the Tannoys are exactly what you are looking for with your Arcam.ÿ

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Worth trying the Neat Motive range in my opinion - they were the best standmount i tried out from between 6 alternatives and the floorstanders are also highly rated.

A

Anonymous

I have only listened to the dct4's and they were rubbish as stereo speakers (fantastic as a 5.1 system mind you). I know they are smaller than the 6's but if someone has said that they lacked bass i would not be surprised as the 4's also lacked bass.

I would listen to the rega R5's, which are amazing for the money (and maybe hang on for the new ones too) and the neat motive 2's if i were you.

As for the B&W 684's, if you heard the rega's next to the B&W's i'm sure you would choose the rega's every time. Hugely more musical.

A

Anonymous

"What electronics were you using? Were the 684's run in? If you are used
to the Rega sound I can see where you're coming from but I certainly
didn't find the 684's dull, or anywhere near it for that matter
."

Rega Apollo and Roksan Kandy mk3, I thought they were pretty awful and that's why I didn't buy.

One man's meat is another man's poison, if you like them that's great.

It's all about opinions

emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts