Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE VS Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Just a matter of interest really, I just wondered if anyone has had any experience listening to both these sets of speakers and which are to be the more superior in terms of build and sound quality ?

theexcitableboy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard either but both get great reviews from WHF?. Build quality should be better on the SE seeing as I believe they're made in Scotland rather than abroad. From a quick scan of WHF?'s review of them here http://www.whathifi.com/review/tannoy-revolution-dc6t-se they make a lot of comparisons between the two models. An interesting read!

Definitely interested to hear some opinions from others who have heard both.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
There is a very decent step up between the two. Build wise the new unit is much more stable and attractive with the plinth. For the sound the review pretty much nails it on the head - they have a more open sound than you would normally expect at this price. It bodes very well for the Precision range as the step up model.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Sorry I don't think I made myself clear - I was actually meaning the older £1400 signature revolution dc6t. Which were also made in Scotland Vs. the revolution dc6t se. Not the standard revolution dc6

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Im not sure if the above generated any interest but I have an answer!! I was at ISE in Amsterdam last week and spke to Tannoy regarding the above. It seems The Tannoy Revolution DC6T are superior in every way over the new DC6T SE Speakers. However, the new precesion range has just come out which has superseded the Revolution Signature range making the precision range more superior model.

nabster888

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
:O Surprised to say the least. Signature series r supposed to much older and you'd think the SE with its improvements, as per whathifi review, would be better............. esspecially since both are priced in the same price range!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts